Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MDR

matts2k

What are the good reasons? :)

Typically crappy trigger. Ergonomics. Balance. Other reasons I am sure, but the first three are enough for me. I have seen a handful of bullpups at local matches over the years, but none that placed high. Never saw one at a major.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

How does a muzzle brake look really dumb? Is it just because it is closer to your face?

Exactly. Once you get a good close look at one in action you'll decide you prefer golf to shooting. They're that ugly up close.

How does a muzzle brake look really dumb? Is it just because it is closer to your face?

Exactly. Once you get a good close look at one in action you'll decide you prefer golf to shooting. They're that ugly up close.

That's what a suppressor is for...

Run a can and see what the RO thinks of you after....

A few guys run Tavors around here. It sucks for the longer shots, seems they can't get a good solid sight picture. Sucks trying to brace on a barricade,. Sucks when you don't fully seat the magazine, pull the trigger to a click, and have the magazine hit your feet. Sucks when the rifle rack is too short for your bullpup. Sucks when you shoot way worse than the guy with a $500 M&P sport and have to hide the rifle in your cart.

Do I need to keep going? :devil:

If they can't get a good sight picture, it's not the rifle's fault. same with the mag seating and getting beat with someone who spent less on a gun.

The only real downside I can think of is mag changes and barricades. Depending on the rule set you use, using a drum takes away 95% of the mag changes you will have to make. The other 5% being matches like MGM Ironman and clearing malfunctions. If there's one thing Desert Tech can do, its put a nice trigger in a bullpup. I love my SRS covert.

isn't this just a Tavor?

I like bullpups for the shortness, and seems like it would be good for close in (maybe bay style matches or HD). but like others have said, I'm guessing it's tough to keep steady at distance and impossible to brace off anything.

One thing about ARs is they are almost idiot proof. I can build one in my garage with $60 worth of tools, and if I decide I don't like one aspect of it I can replace it myself. Or for the price of a barrel and tube have a brand new upper, barrel length, caliber, or style. That makes the platform ideal for me, since what kind of matches I shoot seems to change as time goes by.

The MDR will be the ultimate 3-gun rifle.....

.....will be.....will be.....

.....will be until someone (anyone) actually gets one to use at a 3-gun match.....

....much like the Tavor WAS the ultimate 3-gun rifle (and the Tavor is REAL, by the way).......

.....until they got used at a 3-gun match.....

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=3tj3o3bl0v152dhi4ut0dsqll2&board=47.0

ericm