Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Good Price for Local?

akeefer

Hey all,

Have a local store selling a Stock II in hard chrome. Was wondering if the price of $869 was a good local deal or should I be looking online to have one shipped to my FFL?

Also, side question, they also have a hard chrome limited pro. Would this be better or just go for the Stock II?

It's a 9mm as well.

Thanks!!

Was it a 40 cal? If yes, it was a decent price.

If it was 9mm, then it was a good price.

Either way, nothing earth shattering anymore.

Stock 2 is not quite the unicorn it was. There are plenty on Gunbroker and other places ( Buds, Hinterland Outfitters ). I just did a search and Hinterland has 9mm Stock 2 for $899.33 in stock right now. ( buds has it for $903 in stock )

$1800 for a BNIB stock 2? Wow. Unless there were a lot of extras ( EGD or Henning Parts, mags, basepads ) that is an awful deal. Someone got robbed.

Wow...just wow. Good for the seller, but those buyers need to do their homework. Unless you can't buy online and ship to where they are? is that possible? I have not seen a 9mm Stock 2 sell for over $1200 in several months. I've seen them online several times, and i'm not even in the market. i just looked for sh*ts and giggles.

I sold mine in Feb 2015 for $2100: Had a trigger job, EGD Parts, 12 magazines with Shock bottle basepads on all of them. I originally listed it for $2500, but had to drop the price to 2100 to sell it. That was back when they were still hard to find.

One just sold bnib in southern California for $1800, on the local forum.

Because stock 2 is not on the CA roster list making it illegal there. That is how i ended with an extra S2 trying to help a friend in CA get one early last year when price were at a premium.

Wow...just wow. Good for the seller, but those buyers need to do their homework. Unless you can't buy online and ship to where they are? is that possible? I have not seen a 9mm Stock 2 sell for over $1200 in several months. I've seen them online several times, and i'm not even in the market. i just looked for sh*ts and giggles.

I sold mine in Feb 2015 for $2100: Had a trigger job, EGD Parts, 12 magazines with Shock bottle basepads on all of them. I originally listed it for $2500, but had to drop the price to 2100 to sell it. That was back when they were still hard to find.

All tanfos, CZ shadows, gen4 glocks, vp9s, and 2011s are about double the price here in Cali.

One just sold bnib in southern California for $1800, on the local forum.

Because stock 2 is not on the CA roster list making it illegal there. That is how i ended with an extra S2 trying to help a friend in CA get one early last year when price were at a premium.

To clarify the gun is not illegal to have here. It's just not on the list/roster that allows an FFL to sell it new, or transfer into the state to most folks. But someone moving here can bring with them, LE can still get, and parents out of state can gift to folks in state. And in state, anyone that has one here is free to sell it to another private party, and it's perfectly fine to purchase from a private party.

All tanfos, CZ shadows, gen4 glocks, vp9s, and 2011s are about double the price here in Cali.

California distorted pricing for a good while through end of 2014, there was a buying frenzy to get them before a loophole that allowed most anyone to get it was going away. Now, If you are in CA, expect to pay a premium for one that is already here. If you are not in CA, prices should be going back to normal, there isn't any urgency for any premium to occur.

So.... buy up a few dozens of the popular guns, move to california, sell off those evil things...get disgusted w California, move away....

Sounds so easy, I'd bet they arrest me for it!

So.... buy up a few dozens of the popular guns, move to california, sell off those evil things...get disgusted w California, move away....

No, you'd be good to go. Make sure to have a dozen or two 2011 frames as well before you arrive :-)

No, you'd be good to go. Make sure to have a dozen or two 2011 frames as well before you arrive :-)

2011 frames regularly go for 900-1k in CA

Sent while driving 80 mph, eating a cheeseburger and using my knee to steer.