Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli upgrades

I have been shooting 3gun/multigun for 15 years (although my scores do not maybe show that...). This year I decided to get serious, decide what works for me and what doesn't, and adapt.

My shotgun has always been my bane. Starting with a Winchester SX3, then Remington Tactical, and finally biting the bullet and buying a Benelli M2. While the Benelli is supposed to be a great shotgun, mine always had issues from day one. First mod was the shell carrier/elevator, and I modded it before actually testing to get a baseline. THIS WAS A BA IDEA! Turns out that IT was most of my problem from the buzzer. Finally got that loading issue fixed, but knew my long game was suffering because I bought an 18.5" TACTICAL model. Looking back, I should have bought a field gun.

So, this year I decided that I needed more sight radius and upgraded my beloved Benelli with a 26" vent rib barrel. Kenji and Joel at Taran Tactical Innovations have been instrumental in helping me get this beast running right. I sent them my bolt and had them do their magic to it (lighten, ghost load mod, out of battery loading mod, pretty color), ordered a spring kit from them (trigger, hammer, and recoil) and had all that installed in a matter of 20 minutes. Opened up the loading port. Added a +9 Nordeinc Components mag tube, spring, follower, and clamp.

SO today, after installing my barrel, I am going to find me a HI-Viz front sight for this barrel and get to shooting. Nothing like upgrading the week BEFORE a major match.

What does the wide world of Brian Enos Forums use for fiber optic front sights? I have more than a few dollars into my shotgun already, and a nice sight would do just the trick.

Thanks for any help.

13238863_10204822611605491_1880848644875

Jason

Edited by Jason Klein

This sounds like my shotgun story. I started with Winchester Flangian SX3. 3 years ago, I jumped all in and got a Taran Tactical M2. My scores have definitely gotten better. I like the Tri-comp because I use it to help range my slug shots.

• 2 weeks later...

I've adapted the buy once cry once deal. I was using my buddy's stoeger m3k and while I liked it I still listed over a Benelli m2. Bought one about 3 weeks ago, and 3 days later I sent it to Mike at Accurate Iron. The shotgun will be coming back next week some time and I am super excited! I figured by the time I bought some parts to make it where it was usable in my opinion I was a lot of the way to what Mike would do and have more work done. I'll definitely post some pictures up!

• 1 month later...