Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 10 rd 9mm mag's

I have the Dawson's(5), Wilson ETM w/plastic followers(4) and Wilson with the new steel follower and divot in the front like the Dawson(3). I have about 2500 rounds through the combination of mags.

All run 100%

All seat easily

All lock the slide back

The Dawson's will not strip the first round from slide lock when using the the slide stop. The Wilson's will strip from slide stop every time. I believe, I need to polish the inside of the Dawson feed lips to see if it makes a difference.

The Dawson's are the worst to unload, key or other tool required. The Wilson's with the metal follower are not quite as tough to unload but require a finger at the front of the first round to hold it up while pushing forward. The ETM's with plastic follower unload with ease.

If you are plinking all mags seem to work. The problem comes to the forefront when reloading in a match with rounds still in the mag. My experience has been regardless of which ones I have tried will not drop free during a reload with rounds remaining in the mag. Top round slides forward not allowing it to drop free.

End up pulling the mag out. Very frustrating.

Edited by JON

If you are plinking all mags seem to work. The problem comes to the forefront when reloading in a match with rounds still in the mag. My experience has been regardless of which ones I have tried will not drop free during a reload with rounds remaining in the mag. Top round slides forward not allowing it to drop free.

End up pulling the mag out. Very frustrating.

Try Metalform or Dawson, I've never had this issue with them. In fact they're a pain to unload, but that's not done on the clock, so small price to pay for having them drop when I want them to.

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, it depends on your gun.

I tried Wilson ETM's as well as Tripp in my SA 1911 Target and neither worked very well. I ended up trying the Dawson Precisions and they worked flawlessly, but when I let a friend try them in his STI Trojan, they were double feeding and was bullets were hitting his ejector.