Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reset - Shadow vs regular SP-01 with short reset kit installed

chp5

What is the difference in the reset length between a stock Shadow and a 75 SP-01 with a short reset kit installed?

I realize the Shadow has no FPB and will have a shorter reset, but how big is the difference if the SP-01 has a short reset installed?

I handled a new SP-01 Shadow the other day and was not particularity impressed with the reset. I also tried a non-SP-01 Shadow that had a nice reset. Go figure . . .

Thanks.

I'm not sure if this answers your question or not. When I bought my SP-01 from CGW with their Pro Kit they stated that there was about 1mm difference in the reset btwn a worked SP-01 and a similarly equipped Shadow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this answers your question or not. When I bought my SP-01 from CGW with their Pro Kit they stated that there was about 1mm difference in the reset btwn a worked SP-01 and a similarly equipped Shadow.

Thanks - it doesn't seem like a big difference to me.

1mm seems about right.

I'm wondering what the difference is between an 85 combat with the CGW stuff versus a stock shadow

I like my 85c so much that I sold my two shadows...

Did you like it because of the short dust cover and skinnier frame? If so, did you ever give this one a try?

http://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-75-shadow-custom-14-blk.html

I honestly like the balance and look of the 75 shadow over the sp01 shadow.

I bought an 85C a few months back and had all of the CGW parts installed along with everything polished up. The trigger and reset were incredible but for me the gun had a ton of muzzle flip. I tried everything to tame the muzzle but it just wasn't happening for me. I have since sold the pistol. My SP-01 Shadow on the other hand had hardly any muzzle flip. I definitely prefer the SP-01 over the 85C or 75.

What is the difference in the reset length between a stock Shadow and a 75 SP-01 with a short reset kit installed?

Since no one actually answered your question, I'll chime in :roflol:

An SP01 with a short reset disco has a shorter reset than a stock Shadow. As you already heard the best Shadow has a reset ~1mm shorter than the best SP01.