Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Custom - Pressure on slide release causes hammer to fall to hal

Maxamundo

I don't have enough posts for links. So type "www dot youtube dot com" and paste this after: /watch?v=OzNG_LHkRuM

The gun is used for over 12,000 and I haven't replaced any major parts including the slide release. Any thoughts?

I don't have enough posts for links. So type "www dot youtube dot com" and paste this after: /watch?v=OzNG_LHkRuM

The gun is used for over 12,000 and I haven't replaced any major parts including the slide release. Any thoughts?

Check if slide stop is touching trigger bar when you are pushing in on it.

This is the problem, but what do you mean "relieve" that side of the trigger bar? Do you mean to grind out a little divet so there's no contact there anymore?

Do you think the problem would be solved by replacing the slide stop?

Edited by Maxamundo

Took some material off the trigger bar where the slide stop was contacting it, pushing it slightly down. It functions fine now. Thanks guys!

Interesting, thank you for the followup. This is the first time i have seen this.

I've been having this issue with my P-01 and could not figure it out for the life of me. As soon as I get home I am going to check the slide stop clearance. Fingers crossed this is the issue with my gun as well, although it happens to mine sometimes even pulling the trigger strong hand only.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this issue with my P-01 and could not figure it out for the life of me. As soon as I get home I am going to check the slide stop clearance. Fingers crossed this is the issue with my gun as well, although it happens to mine sometimes even pulling the trigger strong hand only.

I know this is kind of late but when I took the slide off it was very apparent where the trigger bar was contacting since the fouling had been rubbed off and that section was shiny. So I just ground that bit down maybe 1/16-1/8" or so.

Another weird thing is that sometimes I would drop the slide when the gun was empty (like after unload and show clear) and the hammer would follow to half-cock too. But this seemed more random and wasn't as easy to replicate as putting pressure into the slide stop.