Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aiming too low.

Yibomb

I have noticed I aim for the lower portion of the A zone targets. Not good sense I jerk down more often than up.

Iam trying to get more practice dry firing/ live fire at the top portion of A zone.

Dont know if I should just aim higher or lift my arms up more. I shoot CO so I have a dot. When I aim higher the dot is on the very top of the glass and bounces out of view easier.

I want to try to adjust my technique before it gets my muscle memory just reverts to previous ways.

Def work on trigger control

But in your defense, the center of the A zone is slightly above the center of the target, so it's easy to let yourself aim at the middle of the target/lower half of the A zone.

Outline the A zone when you practice to ingrain where you need to aim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a sight alignment issue? I would think you are moving your wrists to adjust the dot location not moving your arms/core.

Can you take video from the side during dry fire to see how you adjust? This will show if you've moving your head, hands/wrists, or arms.

Dryfire:

Crush the gun with your weak hand. Relaxed trigger finger (and to some extent whole hand) with the dominant hand.

Dot in the center of the glass. And dead center on the letter "A" printed in the middle of the target.

Put two or three reduced-scale targets up and practice drawing from the holster with correct grip pressure for live fire (crush that weak hand as hard as you can) ... And transitioning between targets. No trigger press. Just drive the gun to the right spot on each target.

Snap your eyes to the next target dead center, and the gun with follow them there naturally. If you're shooting too low on the target, it's because you're looking there. The gun follows your eye without conscious thought.

Dryfire:

Crush the gun with your weak hand. Relaxed trigger finger (and to some extent whole hand) with the dominant hand.

Dot in the center of the glass. And dead center on the letter "A" printed in the middle of the target.

Put two or three reduced-scale targets up and practice drawing from the holster with correct grip pressure for live fire (crush that weak hand as hard as you can) ... And transitioning between targets. No trigger press. Just drive the gun to the right spot on each target.

Snap your eyes to the next target dead center, and the gun with follow them there naturally. If you're shooting too low on the target, it's because you're looking there. The gun follows your eye without conscious thought.

This is good......

Dryfire:

This is good......

what they said. crush with weak hand

• 2 weeks later...

I have the opposite problem - for some reason I always aim about 2/3 of the way up on the A zone and sometimes with a "good enough" sight picture (if I were aiming in the middle!) it's enough to hit the C zone above the A. Take a dry fire target or two and draw a small black dot in the center of the A zone. Use them along with your regular targets until you're consistently driving the gun to the center of the A zone all the time, then toss them or use them for partials/no-shoots.

Edited by CaptainOverkill