Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34-35?

Vesteroid

This may be a silly question but I cant seem to find an answer. I currently shoot a 35 in production and am considering dipping my feet in the water of Limited. Is it as simple as changing out the barrel on the 34 to make it a .40?

This may be a silly question but I cant seem to find an answer. I currently shoot a 35 in production and am considering dipping my feet in the water of Limited. Is it as simple as changing out the barrel on the 34 to make it a .40?

I can't say I have seen it done quite so easy.

I don't think the 40 barrel will fit in the 9mm slide. Also not sure the 40 case will fit in the extractor of 9mm slide/extractor. I would suggest getting a new 40 slide.

I have heard some say it didn't matter if the ejector was swapped out, but I would swap it also if it were me. It's cheap.

You can get away with using a 40 ejector for 9mm, but a 9mm ejector shooting 40 gets dangerously close to the primer when trying to eject a live round.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I see locally G35 Gen4 factory rebuilt by Glock going for ~500. You will get two Gen4 mags. To me this is a better option then a conversion. You stated you are shooting a G35 in production, but did you mean a G34 and wanting to get a G35???

Shoot limited minor for a while. Magwells, frame weights, mag extensions, holsters, etc will work with the 34 or 35 so you can switch whatever you already got over to the new gun when you get it.

You're unclassified now right? You'll probably classify a little lower than if you were shooting major, but that's not a bad thing. When you switch to major your classification will likely go up. Until then, enjoy beating everyone in your class. You aren't sandbagging if you are trying your best.

Wait you shoot a 35, but want a 34 for limited and want to switch it to 40? Why not build up the 35 for limited?

I'd do an SJC frame weight

Brass magwell

TTI base pads

Flat trigger

Would be a sweet limited glock.

I just made my 34 to a 35. Lone wolf slide, found a factory 35 barrel in the classifieds, got a trigger housing with 40 ejector, a 40 extractor with the little plastic bearing thing (forget the true name of it) to go on the end of the plunger got those from lone wolf as well amd found some guys who had extra 40 mags and swapped the my extra 9mm mags, got another guide rod and 15lbs spring from lone wolf and a used frame weight off Facebook.

I'm getting my slide Cerakoted and prolly re-use my sights off my 34 slide since I won't be using it anymore all that for right around $350

I may be reading this wrong but if your shooting a

Wait if you already have a 35 why not make that your limited gun and shoot the 34 in production?

• 1 month later...