Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you carry your 12ga magazines? (VEPR, Saiga, etc.)

Have a VEPR 12 on the way and curious about magazine carry options for the 8/10 rounders. Kydex mag pouch? Belt "clip" that is attached onto the mag? Vest? HSG Tacos? Watching some of those ironman vids is intimidating!

3 Safariland 308 pouches on drop-leg panel. Can bring to RGPSC 5/21 match if you're coming.

Tom, that would be great! I plan on being at that match. Thanks!

Are you guys using factory mags, Pro Mag or SGM? I just picked up my Vepr 12 this weekend and have 12 round SGMs. Not finding the HSGI Taco XL and the only open top Safariland 308 pouches I'm finding are their Ten-Speed line. I'm wondering how well they work with the ribs on the SGM mags.

Doing some research online about the HSG Taco, it looks to be the HCM model.

I haven't gotten any 12 round SGM mags as the reviews don't look favorable, but it would be nice to put 2 together.

Doing some research online about the HSG Taco, it looks to be the HCM model.

I haven't gotten any 12 round SGM mags as the reviews don't look favorable, but it would be nice to put 2 together.

Found the HCM and ordered 2 a couple hours ago. I have a couple 3-gun matches coming up and I want to play in Open division. I think we have a guy that shoots IDPA at our club that does Kydex work. I'm going to try to track him down and see what he can do.

The 3 SGM 12 rounders I have seem to be working fine. I don't have a whole lot of rounds through them yet.

I run a 3 mag drop leg pouch made by The Vest Guy. He makes them custom and I ordered the pouch with no top flaps and to fit 8 round mags so the 12s stick out. I've carried 17 and 20 round mags in it and never had one fall out but they do wobble a bit!

About half my mags have the R&R kydex clips and I use them occasionally but I feel more secure with the pouch.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.