Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to buy a bullet feeder

I think they are sold at a set price? I would register with shooters connection for the BENOS forum discount then see what they sell it for. Even without any discount I would still order from shooters connection

I think they are sold at a set price? I would register with shooters connection for the BENOS forum discount then see what they sell it for. Even without any discount I would still order from shooters connection

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Do you know what the BENOS discount is?

SC is a good choice, another choice is direct from Rick. The guy has always bent over backwards for me, answered dumb questions, offered to replace parts, most recently on a used BF I bought that got a broken part in shipping, etc. You can't beat the customer service he gives.

SC is a good choice, another choice is direct from Rick. The guy has always bent over backwards for me, answered dumb questions, offered to replace parts, most recently on a used BF I bought that got a broken part in shipping, etc. You can't beat the customer service he gives.

Who is Rick?

Midway seems to have the best price because of shipping. Which normally is not the case but they can have it here on weds for $16 in shipping. SC was $37.

I called SC and he said there wasn't much he could do but did offer a small discount. I asked about the military and I assume it would be the same or less for membership discount.

Who is Rick?
The creator of the original MBF.

Mrbulletfeeder.biz

Who is Rick?

Rick Koskela, the inventor of the Mr Bullet feeder

rick@mrbulletfeeder.com

Who is Rick?
The creator of the original MBF.

Mrbulletfeeder.biz

Ok, thanks.

The guy from SC told me the product is now made overseas and is imported.

How does the mr bullet feeder die work compared to the hornady feeders?

Rick is class act.

Comparing the MBF to Hornady is unfair to Hornady: it loses an all counts, and then some.

Agreed in all counts. I bought mine direct from Rick. Very nice guy and extremely helpful

Care to give some info? Nothing online I have read s the hornady is noisier and rifle and pistol are separate units.

I'm leaning towards the mrb, but want to make the right choice.

Did they modify the Hornady to where it doesn't run continuously? I know that used to be a major drawback.

I did modify the one I had with the sensor, so it would not run continuously, plus a tight sound-proof lid, and it was still a horrible nuisance. Huge, bulky... its strong point is low cost.

Are you running a Dillon press? If so, stay with the theme of using top notch gear and get the MBF. :)

I already ordered it, and yes it will be on a 1050 with a mark 7.
Good call. All that and you considered cheating out on a bullet feeder?!? :)

Are you running a Dillon press? If so, stay with the theme of using top notch gear and get the MBF. :)

I already ordered it, and yes it will be on a 1050 with a mark 7.
Good call. All that and you considered cheating out on a bullet feeder?!? :)

I was planning on only using it for brass prep, but now thinking I want to be able to load on it as well.

There is no comparison. The ONLY thing the hornady has in its favour is price.

Mr bf is quieter

Mr bf has a better dropper system

Mr bf works with coated lead

Mr bf will feed bullets right way up and will flip bullets that are upside down and feed them (this makes it near twice as fast as the hornady as it relies on bullets landing in grooves the correct way all others get kicked back to try again)

Mr bf is easy to adjust for different size/type bullets

Most importantly when setup right mr bf is super reliable. I basically never get an upside down bullet.

• 2 weeks later...