Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deciding on a reloading press

rootacres

If you're loading for USPSA and 3 gun, you need a progressive. The ultimate is the 650, the minimum is the LNL AP, both with a case feeder. Stay far, far, away from any other red press that calls it's self a progressive.

Gandof

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run a 550 and love it, but the auto indexing option of the 650. Throw a bullet feeder and case feeder on it and you are good to go. I was going to just get a case feeder for my 550 and call it good for a while.

I am kind of torn on this one. I own a 650, and have used the 550 my cuz had before I got the 650. With the ability to add on the case feeder to the 550 I think I would probably go with the 550. But I do oh-so love my 650. Here is your big question is how many different rifle calibers are you planning some day. I also have a RCBS rock chucker I took over after my grandfather died. That is what i load my 300 win mag on, I did not feel it was worth the cost to tool up the Dillon to load at most a 100 rounds a year. Like wise I load my 22-250 on the single stage as well. On my 650 I currently load 9mm, 38 super, and 45acp. I am going to add 40 S&W and 223 in the very near future and will probably then just do the rest of my rifle stuff on the single stage as the volume is not worth the cost. But buy once cry once and remember Dillon really does support the products forever.