Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SAO trigger with adjustable pre and over travel for P-07/09

PrimaryBruce

Seems we have a lot of people ask us about a SAO trigger for the P-07 and P-09.

We're thinking about taking the plunge and making one if the interest is there for such a thing. For the comp guys who are only shooting single action, this could be a game changer. As we all know, with the CGW SRS and hammer, the single action on the P series guns is very nice. With the ability to eliminate what pre travel slack is left in SA, the SA trigger on these P series guns would be something to be reckoned with!

I'd definitely be interested in one as well. I really like CZ pistols, but the TS is not an option for Limited Division here in NJ b/c of the mag capacity restrictions. I've had to block a few high capacity stock mags to keep them legal. It's hard to restrict the mags to fit exactly 15 and feed reliably. But the .40 s&w version of the P-09 fits 15 exactly w/ no mods needed to the mag. IMO, with a SAO trigger in it, the P-09 becomes a great entry level option for Limited.

Forgive my ignorance, but my CZ knowledge is limited to the steel and alloy framed guns. Is there a suitable safety available for the P-09? One with a wide enough and long enough tab that most thumbs can hit it without adjusting one's grip? I love shooting SAO, but if I can't hit the safety easily, I don't gain anything on the first shot.

I definitly agree the P09 is a great limited starter gun. I would consider a single action trigger. I'm curious how everything would work given how the omega system has everything in line. IMHO if I was going to setup a P09 for limited then I would want a modified sear that doesn't need the FP lifter more than a trigger with a pre and post travel screw.

• 3 months later...

Hm, seems like something a lot of you guys really want, but are wanting an extended safety with it as well...

We'd love to take on both fronts, but there simply isn't enough hours in a day. Or maybe just working 12-16 hours a day isn't enough. ;) Either way, we just don't have the time right now to take it on as much as we'd love to. The whole crew working 60+ hours/wk is just enough to keep our lead times where they are.

Edited by PrimaryBruce

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2016 at 2:57 PM, MissionaryMike said:

I spoke w/ CGW yesterday, and can confirm that they are NOT in the process of developing a SAO trigger for the P-09/07 platform.

Yes, I communicated with them last week and was told the same.

Nor is CZ Custom working on anything.

• 7 months later...
On 8/2/2016 at 7:10 PM, PrimaryBruce said:

Hm, seems like something a lot of you guys really want, but are wanting an extended safety with it as well...

We'd love to take on both fronts, but there simply isn't enough hours in a day. Or maybe just working 12-16 hours a day isn't enough. ;) Either way, we just don't have the time right now to take it on as much as we'd love to. The whole crew working 60+ hours/wk is just enough to keep our lead times where they are.

Have you found time yet? I'd love this for 3 gun.