Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf 35 slide?

BrocDowns

Wanting to shoot limited major, my thinking is lately just get a Lone Wolf 35 slide, KKM barrel .40 ejector etc and use my 34 lower since it's set up like I like it. Has anyone ever used one? They have an *minor gunsmith maybe required, are they talking fitting to frame rails kinda thing? Any ways just looking from some knowledge here

Can't get Glock 24s in California, so I was thinking of something similar; getting a LW 24 slide, finding an old G22 frame, and making a budget Limited gun. I liked the idea... until someone told me it wasn't legal in USPSA. (Time to dig into the rule book.)

Good to hear the LW slides are reliable.

Can't get Glock 24s in California, so I was thinking of something similar; getting a LW 24 slide, finding an old G22 frame, and making a budget Limited gun. I liked the idea... until someone told me it wasn't legal in USPSA. (Time to dig into the rule book.)

This not illegal. In limited open or limited 10 you can do this

Right, I don't think you can run this in production.

Right, I don't think you can run this in production.

Correct. It is not legal for Production.

Put a LW 35 slide on my 17 frame with no issues. Bought a LW 40-9 threaded conversion barre and that is what will be my 3 gun blaster. Ran it this past weekend and it worked great, I like it much better than my 17 upper. It's getting cerakoted right now because I'm not a fan of the stainless look on my FDE Glock frame.

Edited by jmnielsen

Put a LW 35 slide on my 17 frame with no issues. Bought a LW 40-9 threaded conversion barre and that is what will be my 3 gun blaster. Ran it this past weekend and it worked great, I like it much better than my 17 upper. It's getting cerakoted right now because I'm not a fan of the stainless look on my FDE Glock frame.

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly:

You bought a .40 upper, then got a conversion barrel to make it 9mm, then put that on a 9mm gun?

Why not save the intermediate step and get a G34 slide?

You bought a .40 upper, then got a conversion barrel to make it 9mm, then put that on a 9mm gun?

I got the lone wolf 35 slide from someone for $200, it was brand new and never used. Came with sights and an OEM Glock 35 barrel. Edited by jmnielsen

I got the lone wolf 35 slide from someone for $200, it was brand new and never used. Came with sights and an OEM Glock 35 barrel.

To each his own I guess. They're $175 new and naked. Since you changed out the barrel right away, I wouldn't consider that a gain.

I've just been looking into this option to put together a limited major gun on my g34 frame.

LoneWolf's work fine, and yes, you can get a G24 gun in CA by private party.And of course, complete uppers are not restricted anywhere.

Full size small frame Glocks are common to the following: G17/G34/G17L/G22/G35/G24 and the G31. Only difference in the lower is the ejector, 9 vs 40/357.

Edited by 9x45