Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do You Smell Testosterone?

carinab

My 11 year old daughter got her hunter safety card yesterday.  She did better than most of the guys on the test.  So, we are riding in the truck last night and out of the blue, she asks, kinda sad like, "Dad, am I a Tom-Boy because I like to hunt and shoot?"

I said, "no baby, you're not a Tom-boy."

"Well, what is a Tom-boy then?"

"A Tom-boy is a girl that tries to act like a boy.  You're not a Tom-boy!  You're a Warrior Princess.  A Warrior Princess does what ever she likes to do, doesn't have to explain why, and then beats the crap out of anybody who teases her about it. " 

I'm waiting for the next call from the school.  :ph34r:

Right On! Well said Sam, wish I had put it that eloquently when my girls were that young! :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two absolutes about men that apply here...

1. We're NOT good at picking up "signals".  Think about the bible...when God wanted to get a man's attention he had to set fire to a bush and make the thing talk.  If that's what it takes for God to get through, you can pretty much forget about your "signals".

2.  We ARE good at peer pressure.  We'll jump out of perfectly good airplanes, swim with sharks, try to jump our trucks over things, etc. as long as our buddies are around.

If a guy thinks the people around him think he's a jack@$$ for doing something, he'll quit.

Do I have your permission to sell that to Cosmopolitan? Priceless. :rolleyes:

...kinda sad like, "Dad, am I a Tom-Boy because I like to hunt and shoot?"

I said, "no baby, you're not a Tom-boy."

"Well, what is a Tom-boy then?"

"A Tom-boy is a girl that tries to act like a boy.  You're not a Tom-boy!  You're a Warrior Princess.  A Warrior Princess does what ever she likes to do, doesn't have to explain why, and then beats the crap out of anybody who teases her about it. " 

I'm waiting for the next call from the school.  :ph34r:

You Sir, are a true FATHER!

My hat's off to you.

This entire thread just burnt off some crappy, lingering karma on MY life... god, all the names my father and other ignorant fools called me all my life!! They all oughta be caned! I was apparently a damn' warrior princess all along but no one had the ba**s to support that--and all of 'em did their frickin' damndest to undermine it for what amounts to decades. Gah, what suffering!!

Up yours, you insecure, misguided idiots from my former life! I have five guns and I'm damn' proud!! B):lol:

This entire thread just burnt off some crappy, lingering karma on MY life... god, all the names my father and other ignorant fools called me all my life!!  They all oughta be caned!  I was apparently a damn' warrior princess all along but no one had the ba**s to support that--and all of 'em did their frickin' damndest to undermine it for what amounts to decades.  Gah, what suffering!!

Up yours, you insecure, misguided idiots from my former life!  I have five guns and I'm damn' proud!!  B)      :lol:

You Go Girl! Give 'em hell!

Maybe next year "Babes with Bullets" camp will be more properly named the "Warrior Princess Special Ops" ;)

"I think the most testosterone in this entire thread came from Sig Lady's last post.... "
Well, I'm just sorry I had to admit I had ONLY five guns... (one can never have too many guns.) We'll add more as time and money allows, of course.

Thanks, Jake.

Dale, please refrain from ever saying, writing, or thinking "You go girl!" ever again, please. No one could accuse you of a testosterone overdose with that phrase.

I want to see all of you ladies at the Nats with a Warrior Princess shirt on, and I want you to get the bumper sticker too, and maybe a hat pin and certainly a Princess Strayer SV Limited gun.

If someone organizes a design and a vendor (I'm sure there are a couple on this forum, master lefty?) that will do a run - I have the contact list for the campers. I just sent a follow up email today for the article. I could take a quick survey to see if any are interested....

If someone organizes a design and a vendor (I'm sure there are a couple on this forum, master lefty?) that will do a run -  I have the contact list for the campers.  I just sent a follow up email today for the article.  I could take a quick survey to see if any are interested....

Maybe look at cafe press? I would like to see one of these in a crawler for my 6month old. :-) I already have the Gamer girl and my daddy can frag your daddy crawlers. :-)

Mike,

They told me I should try to be more sensitive. ;)

When the T-shirts come out I need one size medium for my girl friend.

I need an XLarge tall that says "I date a Warrior Princess"

And I need one sized for a two year old that says "Granddaddy says I am a Warrior Princess!"

• 10 months later...
"...yeah, that and the fact we're genetically hard-wired to notice you."
And boy am I glad! :wub:

I can actually say suggestive things at the range on occasion (some have called that "flirting"--I think there was a whole thread about that not too long ago) that only a lady could say and get away with at certain appropos moments. That (along with winning) is also fun... and none of the guys have complained in the least. :P

Sorry, I just can't picture you flirting... B)

Pat! That's a cruel thing to say!! :angry:

Jeez, are you SURE you want to say that...?... :wub:;)

Trust me. I've been known to flirt. What do you think posting on a forum is...?.... :wub:

(Gah, I just realized that this thread is nearly a year old.........)

Pat! That's a cruel thing to say!! :angry:

Jeez, are you SURE you want to say that...?... :wub:;)

Trust me. I've been known to flirt. What do you think posting on a forum is...?.... :wub:

(Gah, I just realized that this thread is nearly a year old.........)

But you seem so innocent :blink: