Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight adjustment tool for S & W MP 9 Pro L

Puma

I would like to purchase a sight adjustment tool for my S & W MP 9 Pro L. I called Maryland Gun Works ( MGW ) but they do not have one yet. Since I am only going to use it once I do not want to spend a lot. There has to be one being sold. Can you please recommend one.

I would like to purchase a sight adjustment tool for my S & W MP 9 Pro L. I called Maryland Gun Works ( MGW ) but they do not have one yet. Since I am only going to use it once I do not want to spend a lot. There has to be one being sold. Can you please recommend one.

It doesn't meet the not spending a lot portion, but MGW does make a tool that works with the M&P 9L / Pro. (The 5" Models). It is a universal Sight Pro. It is not built like you would expect when you have the name "universal" used in a product description. It is a fine piece of craftsmanship.

The standard M&P unit they make will fit the rear sight, but will not work with the front sight. The Sight Pro will allow you to flip the pusher around on the base vise and it works great with the front sight of the 5" M&Ps.

A benefit is it may be the last sight pusher you will ever need if you change platforms. The make an optional angled block driver as well a different slide base clamps to fit most firearms.

Down side is the you are looking at $325-350 setup for one gun. But changing it to add a 2nd gun is about $20.

I have been using the Sight Master Sight Pusher Tool T1003 for my M&P 9 Pro. Its crude but it has been working fine so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Sight-Master-Pusher-Tool-T1003/dp/B00BD65Y4C?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

You have to put the pusher in a vise and to adjust the font sight you have to use the vise to support the slide. The screw is also very course which results in over corrections and multiple adjustments. Like I said, its crude. But it does work on a M&P Pro and is better than a punch and hammer.

I take a silicon bronze bolt from work and shave it down to a small square head on a bench grinder. My sight tool is a pair of calipers, two scraps of wood, and a vise... it gets drifted with a hammer.

I sold my MGW tool and find this to be absolutely as precise as doing it that way, to be honest. You can't take a pair of calipers to the sight until you take it out of the MGW tool anyway.

• 3 weeks later...