Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet feeder 650

I have been watching some videos on bullet feeders that are semi manual if that makes since, question I have about the hornaday bullet feeder die , would it be possible to place the bullet feeder die in what now is the powder check spot so the following bullet seat, bullet crimp spots could remain the same ? or what have others done ?

Thanks !

Been thinking about getting a mr bullet feeder for 40 cal on a 650. Just can't see spending that much on it. Is it worth it and does it work like advertised.

It is worth very dime, I have a Mr. BF in 9mm, loading is so sweet with it. I never used a powder check, I just watch the powder level.

Any help with the Mr. BF is real easy, a lot of help and information from member here, plus Rick is a member here and will answer e mails.

Edited by The Donald

Been thinking about getting a mr bullet feeder for 40 cal on a 650. Just can't see spending that much on it. Is it worth it and does it work like advertised.

It is worth very dime, I have a Mr. BF in 9mm, loading is so sweet with it. I never used a powder check, I just watch the powder level.

Any help with the Mr. BF is real easy, a lot of help and information from member here, plus Rick is a member here and will answer e mails.

Is Rick the seller. What's his website. And I'll be getting one in 40 cal.

Good move. I was always a sceptic. I felt my 600+ per hour was plenty fast. Then a local store had a 9/38 mbf on the shelf so I impulse bought it.

It's fantastic. It's not just the speed (though I can easily load 100 in under 4min now) but everything is so much easier/more enjoyable. Best $500 you'll spend. Plus I'll bet they hold their value if you ever want to sell it.

has anyone ordered the Gsi bullet feeder unit ? I like that it rides right on the machine and as I have heard the owner of GSI use to work at Dillon for 20 years and that 650 was named after him, ( Xavier loader 650 )

Edited by XL6504ME

I have an MBF on my 1050 and a GSI on my 650. To be fair I only have a few thousand rounds through the 1050 with the MBF and 10's of thousands through the GSI but I really like the GSI. The reason I went with the GSI initially is because I didn't want to loose the powder check station and still wanted to keep seat and crimp as separate operations and GSI was the only choice. I know GSI cost is more but once I got the correct ring I have not had a single bullet tipped the wrong way or misfeed. It's literately been 100%.

Now that I have both... I'd have to weigh how many calibers on each machine I need to load and then decide which one I'd get again. One caliber, GSI. Two calibers, tougher call. More than 2, MBF.

Just my .02.

Gsi are 500 bucks for the 650 about the same price as a mbf. I think I'm going to go with the Gsi.

I looked at the GSI bullet feeder, main thing I didn't like was having to buy parts to run each different 9mm bullet. The Mr. BF includes everything to load the different combinations of 9mm bullets.

Gsi are 500 bucks for the 650 about the same price as a mbf. I think I'm going to go with the Gsi.

I looked at the GSI bullet feeder, main thing I didn't like was having to buy parts to run each different 9mm bullet. The Mr. BF includes everything to load the different combinations of 9mm bullets.

Good to know, Thank You!

The collators work very differently. A 9mm Mbf will run bullets from 115gn jhp to 147gn rn with just a small adjustment on the nose guide.

The gsi (due to collator design) you need to buy different collator parts to run different bullet sizes/shapes. So if you just run 1 calibre and just 1 bullet type the gsi may be the better choice. Personally I run 4 or 5 bullet types in 9mm alone and another 3 in 38 super. My mbf handles all of those either with no adjudtment or minor adjustment.