Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front sight loose.

tha1000

One of the CGW fiber fronts. I just shot a class with it and noticed afterwards that the sight is loose. I didn't bang it on anything or get caught in a port. Do these sights sometimes shoot loose in the dove tail or is this a sign of a broken roll pin holding it in? Is there anything wrong with using some blue locktite on it to snug it up a bit?

It was wiggling front to back, nothing severe but I didn't want to lose it mid match either.

I popped the roll pin out and it was fine. Reinstalled the sight and its snug. I guess putting the pin back in caused it to open a bit and took care of whatever problem I was having.

The CGW/Dawson front sights have a tiny set screw in them. It is accessed through the small hole under the fiber optic. Tighten it down. The set screw is normally in the sight from the factory and the kit includes the allen wrench.

Instructions aren't just to waste paper.

• 3 years later...

I've had this problem with my fiber front sight, slightly wiggling. The way i have fixed it was to cut a piece of masking tape to fit the bottom and curve. It works in a way like a shim. After applying I slide the sight back in place and put in the roll pin. I have not had anymore wiggle since.