Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA racer mag pouch for Tanfo large frame mags?

MilkMyDuds

I use DAA racer mag pouches for MP9s. Now switching to Stock 2, I found these pouches are too small, even after I have replaced the plastic insert with the thinnest one.

What I do notice is that if I take off the round dial all together, just let the thinnest insert backed up by the screw alone without the dial, the mags would fit perfectly.

If anyone here uses DAA racer mag pouches for your large frame mags, what's your experience? Do you somehow "fit" these DAA racer mag pouches? Thanks.

That's weird. I run DAA racers with large frame 38 super tanfog mags. I run them 'normal' bullets forward. I'm using the thin side spacer (it's really thin) and the thin rear spacer. I did notice they are a little more snug than my race masters but they fit fine and still had adjudtment left etc.

Just make sure the rear spacer is the thinnest one too.

That's weird. I run DAA racers with large frame 38 super tanfog mags. I run them 'normal' bullets forward. I'm using the thin side spacer (it's really thin) and the thin rear spacer. I did notice they are a little more snug than my race masters but they fit fine and still had adjudtment left etc.

Just make sure the rear spacer is the thinnest one too.

I have been running with these mag pouches fine with MP9 mags. They need the thinnest rear spacer else they won't go in.

I made sure everything is the thinnest possible. Still the measurements don't lie.

Below you can see in the picture that even if I removed the wheel dial, the width of the mags are still more than the width provided by the pouches. This way, it is a "snug fit" if I push them in. If I add back the wheel dial, you would have to push hard to get it and in, and drag your belts all the way up to get the mags out.

post-56818-0-34669800-1458738320_thumb.j

post-56818-0-05535500-1458738376_thumb.j

post-56818-0-99452200-1458738380_thumb.j

post-56818-0-44384300-1458738386_thumb.j

Something is weird. So many people run large frame tanfog mags as well as sv mags etc out of the racer pouches.

My Racer pouches are set up for STI but my Tanfoglio large frame mags fit as well. I just adjust the tensioning wheel a bit when I switch.

Do you all have 3 sizes of plastic inserts, large medium and small, and 2 sizes of backing?

I am trying the thinnest insert plus the thinnest backing. Still the K9 won't go in.

I have been running these pouches with MP9 mags perfect fine, medium plastic inserts + thinnest backing.

It's not uncommon that these plastic inserts were not manufactured up to the same spec. Some people's thinnest inserts may well be much thicker than yours.

See this guy's width with his thinnest insert is 1.455, while mine with the thinnest insert is 1.369.

My current workaround is to remove the wheel, adding a pad to the spring leaf such that when I walk around without mags in those pouches they do not ring like jingle bells. It works OK for now. I can adjust tension by adding or removing washers to the screw. Not perfect, but well.

post-56818-0-23768100-1458959644_thumb.j

post-56818-0-02998800-1458959662_thumb.j

post-56818-0-19481500-1458959677_thumb.j

post-56818-0-14905600-1458959692_thumb.j