Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro Apex trigger install question

JordanGriffith

I'm just a cheapskate. I use the plastic bullet holders that people throw out at the range. The ones from 50 round 9mm ammo blocks seem to work best. They're great and there are no tears shed when they get busted up.

The hardest part is drifting out the rear sight and then putting it back in for dealing with the striker block. Other than that, everything's easy to do with a hammer, punch, board and a cartridge tray.

You can use a roll of masking tape to set the frame on while you knock the pins out. And you'll need a very common 1/8" punch from the auto store or Home Depot or Sears to drive the pins out.

I clamp the slide in a vise between two thin blocks of wood or thick cardboard, and use a brass punch to drive the rear sight out the RIGHT side of the slide, then knock it back in from that direction. Visually centering it is plenty sufficent - take your time and get it back exactly in the center... or better yet upgrade the sights while you're doing the work!

It's pretty easy.

I have installed the Apex Trigger Kit on several M&P's. It gets easier each time I did it. There are some very good videos on Youtube that will guide you through it. Good Luck and enjoy your M&P.

I figured the usual suspects would carry it. I didn't know if any one of them had the others beat price wise. I bought a M&P Pro 9 5" that should arrive Monday. I'm planning on the competition kit. Will the Apex triggers work in conjunction with the comp kit? And will it still be legal in 3 gun Practical division?