Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Square Deal Retro Grade

30 years or so ago Dillon's came with the black crank on the right held with pliers.

840a765e-1505-49c7-9a17-b83b7cb3a4e6_zps

I sent one in for reverb some years later and it came back with the fail safe setup on the left. A phone call later and they sent me an extra set for my other SD (why I still have one of the originals).

The clunkedy clunk version is the one they use now. I am around a bunch of loud annoying stuff often so it doesn't bother me, beats the hell out of that "Let it go" Frozen song...

IMG_20160116_094552_734_zpsgmc1t4be.jpg

So no fail safe rods originally, no low primer alarm and no guide for the primer slide. That also switch from plastic link arm bushings to bronze at some point.

IMG_20131002_232412_453%20-%20Copy_zpspb

Edited by jmorris

Any well equipped hardware store or department should have a pretty decent spring selection. If so, you should be able to find a good substitute or perhaps an identical one.

No, they are a specially made garter spring close wound with regular hooks. They are sized by outside diameter, wire size and length to the inside of the hooks. Dillon's is .125" OD and 5.080" length. They will send you a couple for free.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun fact: A few rubber bands work perfectly. Might need to replace them every thousand rounds or so, and unhook them when not in use. Works like a charm. Just make sure to zip tie the linkage plates together (snugly, not tight) and you're set.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk