Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LPA Cut Fixed Target Rear Sight Limited

Kimber76

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a CZ TS fixed rear sight on my Stock II, same cut as the Limited. It took some fitting but it works pretty well as long as you are ok with a pretty wide rear notch...

How are you liking the CZ TS fixed rear on your tanfo? I picked one up last week since they are cheap and it arrived in the mail yesterday. The rear notch is super wide - widest of any rear sight I've seen. What width and height front sight are you using with it? Edited by cakedog02

How are you liking the CZ TS fixed rear on your tanfo? I picked one up last week since they are cheap and it arrived in the mail yesterday. The rear notch is super wide - widest of any rear sight I've seen. What width and height front sight are you using with it?

I went with the Dawson .195 tall by .100 wide. (Dawson PN: 050-745) This set up gets me pretty close on elevation but does leave pretty wide light bars. It's a fast set up, as you can find your front sight quick between the wide notch, but I worry my accuracy may have dropped a little when I don't wait for the sight picture I need. I think if you wait to see the sight picture you need, there isn't any reason the setup can't be accurate. I do suggest fitting and installing the rear sight on your gun, and test fire it, then do the math from Dawson's website to make certain about the front sight height that is right for your gun, and load.

Are you guys actually BREAKING the stock sight? Or is the elevation screw just backing out?

I've never had any issues with the screws walking, or any breakage issues shooting minor, but this is what the rear sight on my limited looked like a third of the way through my practice session last Friday. Round count about 5400. This seems to be the norm. I would welcome a more durable adjustable sight.

20160603_114558_001.jpg

I've had a stock sight break the cross pin, i've had a stock sight break the detent under the elevation screw ( that little BB, it disintegrated like it was made out of rock candy ) and i had a Dawson break a cross pin.

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2016 at 8:21 PM, BeerBaron said:

that is a nice looking fixed rear. :)

and yes Eric G does export to the US (and other countries). 

Yup, I've bought from him to the US before, it was actually a great experience. Reasonably priced and quick shipment for coming across the pond, plus the conversion rate has been working in our favor lately. It is interesting that the sight is made of aluminum, I wonder how it will hold up? If you end up buying one, put it on a scale before installing it, just for our reference.

That sucks man. Did you notice any point of impact shift before it happened? I'm only asking for my own information, not to try and diagnose your problem. I just want to be able to recognize the problem so I can fix it, should it happen to my stock 2

That sucks man. Did you notice any point of impact shift before it happened? I'm only asking for my own information, not to try and diagnose your problem. I just want to be able to recognize the problem so I can fix it, should it happen to my stock 2

Sights were dead on . I only saw this stuff happen on .40 major limited guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2016 at 3:52 PM, Jayce said:

It's on his site too. But I'm not sure if he ships to the US I don't know anyone who has.

http://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/sights/337-fixed-rear-sight-aluminium.html

I ended up ordering this one from Eric's site, I shipped quick had it in about a week. I haven't had a chance to install it yet. I does appear that it is going to set a little lower that the factory so I will probably have to change the front site out. But at least I know its not going to fly apart at any time during a stage any longer : )

Edited by Kimber76

5 hours ago, Kimber76 said:

I ended up ordering this one from Eric's site, I shipped quick had it in about a week. I haven't had a chance to install it yet. I does appear that it is going to set a little lower that the factory so I will probably have to change the front site out. But at least I know its not going to fly apart at any time during a stage any longer : )

Nice. When you get a chance give us a review!