Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro vs Glock 34 With Apex Triggers

Tsparger

I have narrowed my decision on a competition pistol down between these two guns. Stopped by a LGS today and they had both models with apex triggers. The trigger on the M&P didn't have a very discernible feel or click on the reset but the G34 did. Was just wondering if this is normal for the M&P and if so does that affect anyone's shooting that has this setup?

This is normal.

APEX has a RAM (Reset Assistance Module) you can install to improve the reset felling, but not much in my experience. I do install RAM on all my MP Pros though. I don't shoot Glocks so I have no comparison, but I am happy with my MPs :)

For the life of me, I do not understand this obsession with a "discernible" reset notification.

It is all about muscle memory.

When you are doing a double tap with a .2 second split, do you think that you have enough time to "discern" a reset click???

What are you looking for? A fog horn letting you know that it's okay to pull the trigger again?

Get over it and shoot the pistol and trigger pull that feels the best in your hand!

The click is only really good for getting use to the reset on a new gun in dry fire practice but after that I agree all muscle memory. I have a M&P Pro with the Apex FSS Flat trigger and its scary good but there are plenty of great glock triggers too. I would look at which ergos best fit you and how far you will want to go with aftermarket support.

I had both guns, apex FSS and RAM on my M&P Pro CORE and Zev fulcrum on the g34. The Glock has a VERY pronounced reset and the M&P with RAM has a good reset. I shot both in IDPA ESP and I like both guns. I shot the M&P better so I sold the Glock to a buddy. Good luck with the decision, both are good guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tacos3

I will deny it if anyone repeats this. I love Glocks, I have owned 10 of them, and carried it for over 3.5 years. During the first Obama scare I sold an XDM for a M&P 9mm it sat in the box for years over 5, then during the second scare a bought a 9mm pro. I fell out of love with it and sold it. I kept hearing about the apex trigger, but never bit. That was until a year ago I bought their flat trigger for the now dusty 9mm still in the box. The apex change that gun to my M&P. It has the cleanest break of any of my guns to including my 2011. It is far superior to my Glocks( the Zev trigger is crap compared to the APEX) I will eventually put the apex in my Glock 17, but honestly I am looking for another 9mm Pro.

I will deny it if anyone repeats this. I love Glocks, I have owned 10 of them, and carried it for over 3.5 years. During the first Obama scare I sold an XDM for a M&P 9mm it sat in the box for years over 5, then during the second scare a bought a 9mm pro. I fell out of love with it and sold it. I kept hearing about the apex trigger, but never bit. That was until a year ago I bought their flat trigger for the now dusty 9mm still in the box. The apex change that gun to my M&P. It has the cleanest break of any of my guns to including my 2011. It is far superior to my Glocks( the Zev trigger is crap compared to the APEX) I will eventually put the apex in my Glock 17, but honestly I am looking for another 9mm Pro.

I agree, the Apex FSS and Ram is as close to a 1911 trigger in a polymer gun. I do like 1911 triggers better but they are very good.

Exactly why I have 3 MP Pro 5''. All with APEX CAEK. FSS is slightly better (I used it to get my ESP MA) with shorter pre-travel, but I have switched back to CAEK since then, because FSS is not Prod/SSP legal. Over the past year I have tried many "amazing" triggers, including Zev glocks, StockII/III and CZs. The only one that I feel superior to the APEX CAEK is the Mink custom shadow's SA.

I shot an M&P for awhile and there was no reset really. But I never worried about. It's like riding the brakes down the hill when you want to race up the other side. FWIW, I shoot a Glock now only because I had a hard time getting an accurate M&P and I broke a couple firing pins for no reason.

For the life of me, I do not understand this obsession with a "discernible" reset notification. It is all about muscle memory. When you are doing a double tap with a .2 second split, do you think that you have enough time to "discern" a reset click??? What are you looking for? A fog horn letting you know that it's okay to pull the trigger again? Get over it and shoot the pistol and trigger pull that feels the best in your hand!

We don't always shoot these pistols fast. For group shooting, I really like to feel the reset.

The reset is a moot point as many others have said. I love my m&p pro. Between the apex trigger and my new Apex barrel I think I have cured my itch to get a 2011. This gun shoots amazing and the trigger is awesome. Now I just need Apex to come out with threaded barrels for my m&p CORE performance center.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk