Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sights

Bear1142

After having one of my worst performances in a couple of years and really doubting my abilities, I went to wipe down my gun and noticed the front sight was way right. I put a little pressure on it with my thumb and it popped back into the center. I feel a lot better about those 4 no-shoots on my last stage. I can actually blame it on the gun, but I still hate the fact that it moved. :angry:

Erik

At least you didn't have a stuck case, I would have felt somewhat responsible for that. :lol:

As bad as it was for you, I was inspired by how well you took it bro, thanks for that. See you at Area 6.

Wow, that sucks....I bet the pain and rage came out then.

Not gonna be the greatest benchmark match when your sights are loose. ;)

Not being anywhere near Jake's skill level, and also knowing that I am not one tenth as competitively driven, I shouldn't have been suprised that I was not frustrated, angry or put out when I blew a couple stages because of a loose FS. I was actually relieved that it wasn't me screwing up in yet another unfathomable way :lol:

It can really be a huge downer when you are seeing what you are supposed to see...but the bullets just aren't landing.

Sure does shake your trust.

It did, to the core. Nothing like regressing to the point where your scoring the target after each shot to make sure the hits are there, all the time thinking how bad you suck. Like Kevin C said,

I was actually relieved that it wasn't me screwing up in yet another unfathomable way

My feelings exactly.

Erik

Erik,

could have been worse. Sunday I watched a master class shooter take ten shots to down a plate at 12 or 13 yards. We roll into the next pit, and he asked if he could test fire his gun, before shooting the classifier, as he was concerned that he cracked something. After making two headshots right where he wanted 'em, he just shook his head, and mumbled: "Nope, it's me...."

At least you figured out it wasn't you....... :lol::lol:

I concur with Nik; at least you know it wasn't you.

As for me, my Cmore wasn't cracked and the elevation/windage adjustments were still tight.

Those 5 strong hand mikes on the standards were all mine.... :(

I am still depressed <_<