Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from Northern Illinois

spmx4

I'm Scott from Northern Illinois. I just shot my first official USPSA match at Pine Tree Pistol Club (PTPC) in Rockford, IL, where I'm also a member and an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor. Being a PTPC member has given me the opportunity to attend some practice matches, mentoring workshops, and the NROI Level 1 Range Officer course. So, not only did I get to shoot my first match, I got to run shooters through some stages and score their targets. As expected, I had a couple of hiccups as a newbie, but it was a totally great experience and I'm looking forward to the next match.

I retired from the Navy in 2012. As a Navy Corpsman, I served with Seabee, Marine Corps, and Special Warfare units in places like Iraq and Somalia. That's where I got my initial exposure to firearms. I was fortunate enough to receive pistol and carbine training from Blackwater instructors while I was stationed with an East-Coast SEAL Team. That's where my interest in pursuing more firearms training and competition was kindled. And after reading Brian's book, I knew this forum would be a good resource to further my knowledge and skills and to share information.