Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

85 Combat Trigger Upgrade

hlpressley

Just picked up a new 85 Combat and want to order the necessary parts from CGW prior to taking it to my gunsmith. I am looking to improve the trigger as much as possible but I am not overly concerned with making the trigger extremely light as I would rather just have a nice crisp, clean breaking trigger. I do want to keep the gun Production/SSP legal. With that said, what would you guys recommend in addition to the typical polishing?

Thanks in advance.

A CZcustom competition hammer usually makes for a nice crisp trigger, so I guess a CGW hammer also does the trick?

I recently put a CGW kit in my 75 compact, the trigger is great, very crisp. However, I think the CGW hammer is NOT PRODUCTION LEGAL. That being said I've read that if you request a CZC custom race hammer which is production legal it can be swapped for the CGW part in the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go to CZC website, ext FP, rami 2075 FP spring, 13# hammer spring, 12 or 13 # recoil spring, comp hammer, pre b disconnector, CZC trigger return spring

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

Edited by ArrDave

If you are getting a disco and hammer, may as well get a new hammer strut and put together a new assembly

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

Edited by ArrDave

Hate to be a fuddy duddy and quote rules but .....

App. D4, 21.6 Exchange of minor EXTERNAL parts.

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers.

The CGW's hammer is not legal for USPSA Production.

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers.