Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Gun Shops in AZ?

My favorite gun shop, since I first went in with Robbie Leatham, around 1980:

http://pistolparlour.com/

I took in my first ever 1911, which had the factory fixed rear sight on it. I told the owner, Clyde, I wanted to replace it with a Micro (brand) sight. (It was all I could afford at the time.) He pulled a 1911 that was for sale from under the counter, which happened to have a Micro sight on it, and said I could take the gun home and swap out the sights on the two pistols, then return the 1911 that was for sale to his shop. What a guy! So give Clyde a kiss for me if you make it there. :)

I'm not sure I'd say Shooter's Vault is "close" to Dillon...also don't think it's really worth the trip. Scottsdale Gun Club has a pretty decent inventory if you just want to fondle a bunch of different guns, but their prices aren't great. Also if you want to handle some guns don't go on the weekend as that place is always packed and it's pretty difficult to find a free employee to help you.

If you don't have a Cabela's near you that might be worth the trip. It's not too far North on 101 from 10 (on the West side of town though, not near Dillon). I'm not sure what they're powder/primer stock is like these days.

Dillon sells powder, but only has 1 lb. jugs at ok prices.

I was just "passing though" PHX on the way to Tucson. I did get to Dillon and Cabela's...Traffic killed the thought of hitting more places. Somebody decided to play bumper cars on the L-101 and it cost me an hour... Had to turn and burn for Tucson. ;)

I'll hit more when I get to go back in March! :D

I was just "passing though" PHX on the way to Tucson. I did get to Dillon and Cabela's...Traffic killed the thought of hitting more places. Somebody decided to play bumper cars on the L-101 and it cost me an hour... Had to turn and burn for Tucson. ;)

I'll hit more when I get to go back in March! :D

10 times a day with multi hour investigations.