Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone using new Shooters Connection backpack?

Aircooled6racer

It is the exact bag that Ernie Hill is selling. I have one. Its just a shade bigger than the small DAA, but a lot less rigid. The Pockets are good sized and accessible, but the zippers are not as stout as the DAA and the material feels like it would wear/rip faster than the DAA. It is much lighter than others and rides on the back well. It has a large pocket right behind the shoulder straps that you can put a gun in a sleeve, and my open gun fits fine. The bottom compartment is lined with plastic for bullet boxes and I have had 6 of the 9mm 100-round boxes in there. It is certainly not as big as the large DAA, but has more room than the medium for sure. I have had mine for a while and it is holding up well. All in all its a great value and I wouldn't hesitate recommending one.

I had the larger backpack… And maybe I carry too much stuff around with me at the match, but when it was fully loaded it was very heavy!

I can't imagine hauling it around all day on my back.

If you were going to buy that pack, I would highly recommend spending extra $99 for the cart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hadn't seen those before. They must be fairly new since I was looking for a backpack a few months ago and didn't see that one. Hard to tell the size based on those pics.

I went with the GPS Handgunner backpack and really like it. So much easier carrying around at a match than a normal range bag. I can fit everything in it pretty well. Only complaint is no pouch for a water bottle. And I removed that stupid foam thing it comes with right away and just use pistol rugs.

I have the GPS backpack to. I didn't go with the gunner, I got the one that comes with the 3 pistol cases. So far I really like it, plenty of room, but not oversized, good zippers and built good. I put a 3 leg stool in the target loops and it has a extra strap to help lock the compartments in place that holds my rig really nice. The padded cases that come with it are nice but you cant fit a 2011 open gun in them. My 1911 open gun fits in them fine. For the $118.00 I think it is well worth it. I can carry 3 guns, 15 mags, 300 rounds ammo and all the other misc. stuff that is needed with no problem.

I didn't answer your question but I hope this helps.

Hello: The bag came today. It is bigger than I thought it would be but still not too big. The quality of the big is very good for the price point of $100. The zippers work very well and the material is nice. I like that you can take the waist strap off and the cross straps. The bag sits upright without falling over like some other backpacks I have seen and tried. So far I like all the pockets and compartments. I test drive it tomorrow at the indoor match here. I will be able to tell them what is lacking and what needs to be moved in the bag. I can take some pics tomorrow if anyone needs some. Thanks, Eric

Eric, I have one one the way. When it gets here I am planning on doing a video on it.

I'd be interested in a link to your video...

...I test drive it tomorrow at the indoor match here. I will be able to tell them what is lacking and what needs to be moved in the bag...Thanks, Eric

I would be interested in your feed back after using it.

Thanks,

Steve

Hello: Well I used it last night at our indoor match. Seems to work very well. I still have to figure out where to put all the stuff but I like the easy to use zippers and the placement of the mag holders. It is a bigger bag than the GPS one and seems easier to get at your stuff than that backpack. It is smaller than the DAA Pro and does not need a cart to tow it around either. I am going to use it tomorrow at our outdoor match and see how that works out. So far I give it a thumbs up. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I used it today at the Cherokee match with my cart. Cold day but it seems to be working for me. I may change a couple of things around to see what works a little better. I really like the ease of getting to the mags and ammo. I may have to use a stiffer insert for the main compartment shelf since I have lots of stuff in there. The ammo box insert may need some stiffer inserts also. Thanks, Eric

post-9254-0-66722600-1455416217_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Hello: here are some pics of my Shooters Connection backpack. Thanks, Eric

Thank you!! Does the gun rug fit inside the main compartment? It looks like it's sticking out the top.

Hello: Yes, the gun rug fits in the top compartment. That is my open pistol in the rug and it fits fine. I can even add another gun with rug in there with it. The pic with my belt setup on it is when it it is all loaded up. I'll leave the video setup to Randy. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

I just received a back pack and a new video camera. I will load the bag up and do a video tomorrow

Wow - thanks! The price of the bag seems very fair. The $35 shipping is higher than I expected...