Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 rear sight questions

ShortBus

As I understand it no one makes a adjustable rear sight specific to the 320. It looks like a 226 or xd one MIGHT (?) fit. I can wait on the adjustable rear for now unless someone knows weather there is a way to do it without messing with the slide and serious machining on the sight.

Is there a rear sight that is very straight up and down, tall, and serated with a small notch? Looking for a good uspsa sight to pair with a .1-.115 front post width.

I can't seem to find a picture either. Just judging by google images the overhand would be quite a bit. I'm not sure if I want that yet. I plan to send GGI a gun if this whole P320 thing works out, but I'm the mean time if really like to find a tall flat rear sight. I love Dawson but it drives me insane how short they are.

I was referring to a tall rear with fine serrations not a adjustable. Sorry for the confusion. I called Dawson and they say the dovetail is different. I told them what exactly I was looking for and he said he'd ask the guys who make them to see how hard it would be to change some of there programming to make them. AKA see if they felt like doing it. Hopefully they do. Anybody else want some? Might help make there decision!

I'm n a side note, I did just get a factory STI adjustable rear sight and my boss likes to play with lathes/mills.. Not to go find the definition of what factory profile the slide must meet for production.

I'm n a side note, I did just get a factory STI adjustable rear sight and my boss likes to play with lathes/mills.. Not to go find the definition of what factory profile the slide must meet for production.

From App D4:

21.2b

Milling of slide — only as required to insert sights

Remains in effect – a slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing sights, and for no other purpose.

You can mill the slide for any (iron) sight you wish.

From App D4:

21.2b

Milling of slide — only as required to insert sights

Remains in effect – a slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing sights, and for no other purpose.

You can mill the slide for any (iron) sight you wish.

Yes, you can mill in the adjustable sights but you have to be very careful because of the lightening cuts on the 9mm FS. It's pretty easy to mill down through the slide if you aren't careful.

You can run a Dawson XD Adjustable sight and it will work just fine but will hang over the rear, as previously stated. You might check with Scott Springer. He has those sights in stock I think and has tried that out in the past on the P320.

Ive been eye ballin the xd adjustable rear. I just don't know how it would effect (if any) me while shooting. Been trying to imagine a sight over hanging and it just seems so weird. Does anyone know if the adjustable rears that are on team sig P320's are available for GGI to install? I'd ask him but having a hard time getting ahold of anybody over there.