Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load for DVC

redtruck

I just got a DVC 9mm. Does anybody have a pet 9 load using Titegroup they can share with me? This is a 3 gun pistol so I don't need anything hot, just something that will take care of steel with as little felt recoil as possible. Thank you!

Heavier the bullet - the softer the feel.

Hence 147's and even 160's ... :cheers:

I respectfully disagree. I am running 95 grain bullets at 1450 FPS that feel like 22 LRs. Lightest recoil that I have ever shot in a comp'd gun and the gun shoots extremely flat. Any 120, 124, 147 have a much stouter recoil at the same power factor.

Heavier the bullet - the softer the feel.

I respectfully disagree. I am running 95 grain bullets at 1450 FPS that feel like 22 LRs.

OOPS, I missed the part about it being comped - have to agree with Golf - lighter bullets

might be better, but not sure with the fast powder??? Enough gas? Have to try it one

day.

With the comp, light bullets and slow powders are GREAT. Sorry. :cheers:

My standard load is a 124TC Bayou on top of 4.2 grains of TiteGroup at 1.100" OAL, goes about 1,180 fps out of my G17's with BarSto barrels.

1180 fps is a little fast for a soft steel load.

Yea, I could get by with a much lower floor, I used to run them at 1,280 fps to be the same as duty loads, Win SXT 127 +P+, but I cracked a slide after about 20K, so had to back it down.

I just got a DVC 9mm. Does anybody have a pet 9 load using Titegroup they can share with me? This is a 3 gun pistol so I don't need anything hot, just something that will take care of steel with as little felt recoil as possible. Thank you!

I'm shooting 3.7 gr of titegroup under 124gr RMR RN plated bullets. OAL at 1.140-1.145.

I had some FTE at lower charges - but my gun did not have many rounds through it yet. Now that I'm over 1k on it I may try some lower charges again.

Edited by slbrugby