Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZEV PMAG Extensions

Rangerdug

ZEV Technologies Announces +5 Baselates for Magpul GL9 Magazines

MAGAZINE EXTENDED BASE-PADs for the MAGPUL GL9 magazines

Recently Magpul came to market with the PMAG 17 GL9, a 17-round Glock 9mm handgun magazine featuring a new proprietary all-polymer construction for flawless reliability and durability.

img_2134.jpeg

We here at ZEV Technologies decided that the magazine wouldn’t feel complete without it having a stylishly aggressive looking ZEV basepad. After months of drafting and rigorous testing we have developed the first base-pad for Magpul’s new magazines. Installation and maintenance is incredibly simple, ensuring the magazine will perform exceptionally for many thousands of rounds

img_2135.jpeg

Specs:

• Add +5 capacity on 9mm

• 2 piece design for ease of disassembly and reassembly

• Available in Red and black anodized

FINALLY!!!!

This is just the thing I've been waiting for! I almost bought a pile of ETS 22 rounders, but I wasn't in love with the 17 rounder of theirs I already had. I took the plunge on PMAGs and I'm glad I did. Thanks.

I completely agree. I like PMAGs better then OEM mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpul can easily dominate the 140mm Glock mag market. They already got the hard part of figuring out the material, follower and feed lip dimensions.

Just need to make a longer mold for the body and add a longer spring and voila.

Edited by tt350z

Magpul can easily dominate the 140mm Glock mag market. They already got the hard part of figuring out the material, follower and feed lip dimensions.

+1

Offer factory length, 140mm, and 170 mm in both 9 and 40. It would overnight replace every SJC big stick and TF basepad sold for people building open guns.

They look nice, but $42 kind of defeats the purpose of buying Magpul mags to save money over the OEM mags. An OEM mag plus Dawson basepad would be cheaper than the Magpul plus this Zev basepad.

The problem is Magpul doesn't care about us USPSA shooters. I'm sure they're much more interested in winning a large military or LE contract with their Glock mags...

The problem is Magpul doesn't care about us USPSA shooters. I'm sure they're much more interested in winning a large military or LE contract with their Glock mags...

This

Edited by Pizzim

• 2 weeks later...

How many rounds can it hold with a extension kit?

I had spring coIlapsed when loaded with 22 rounds with Dawson base pad and extended spring. Yes, I was able to modify my PMAGs to fit Glock basepads, Lightning Strike and Dawson extended base pads.

• 3 months later...

ZEV Technologies Announces +5 Baselates for Magpul GL9 Magazines

MAGAZINE EXTENDED BASE-PADs for the MAGPUL GL9 magazines

Recently Magpul came to market with the PMAG 17 GL9, a 17-round Glock 9mm handgun magazine featuring a new proprietary all-polymer construction for flawless reliability and durability.

img_2134.jpeg

We here at ZEV Technologies decided that the magazine wouldn’t feel complete without it having a stylishly aggressive looking ZEV basepad. After months of drafting and rigorous testing we have developed the first base-pad for Magpul’s new magazines. Installation and maintenance is incredibly simple, ensuring the magazine will perform exceptionally for many thousands of rounds

img_2135.jpeg

Specs:

• Add +5 capacity on 9mm

• 2 piece design for ease of disassembly and reassembly

• Available in Red and black anodized

FINALLY!!!!

Have you used these yet, I have one on backorder with Zev for like a month now, will report when it gets here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after finally getting them... I am so impressed. They are so easy to install. They literally took 5 minutes to install both of them. They literally make my favorite magazines better. Hoping they make a spring for the 33rd mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I finally got mine in and have a few hundred rounds through it, and I'm super impressed. Insanely easy to install, look awesome, and function flawlessly; my only complaint would be how light they are empty. My TTI base pads basically yank the mag out when i hit the mag release, if these get dirty they need a little wiggle to come free, nothing major though.