Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone use a Trijicon RMR?

Smokin

Was wondering if anyone uses a Trijicon RMR. Red dot is always on, never runs out of batteries. Seems to be more solid than the CMore counterparts. I see that Matt Cheeley made a mount for this about a year ago..any others have any insight?

I have heard of one person saying that they had issues seeing the dot while they were shooting through a tube or in an area where ambient light wasn't strong enough to power the dot. But, he was the only person I ever talked with that shot that dot.

For a while, I used Cheely's mount for the battery powered RMR. The RMR is a nice sight but the lens is smaller than any comparable CMore and that is why I went back to the CMore.

I'm thinking the Trijicon is the direction that I will be going in the future. With no electronics or battery compartment to get shaken loose I see this as the option that will probably hold up the best under recoil.

A guy at my club shoots a Glock with a 7moa dot. He says he's not had any problems seeing the dot under several different lighting conditions. He has one with the amber dot. I will probably go with a green dot as that is the fiber color I run on all of my guns.

I have one on a G17 Carry Optics. Like it so far...

+1 there were other options out there, but the RMR seemed the most durable. So far that has been true. Also; if I end up not liking CO or it goes away, the RMR is a good fit for a carry or home defense pistol.

I have a 6.5 MOA RMR mounted on a S&W CORE slide. Shot a couple of matches with it and loved it. During a practice session after that (when the gun probably had about 700 rounds through it) I made some aggressive speed reloads and lost the dot when I slammed the magazine in..., until I racked the slide. Then the dot came back on. It was disconcerting.

The RMR is now sitting in its box in "dark storage"... the dot is glowing brightly, and the sight seems to me functioning well. During the time I had it on the gun I loved the dot/sight picture.

I think the sight is excellent, I just wonder how long ANY of the reflex sights will last when slide mounted.

I like the RMR that uses the adjustable LED. From the limited amount I have shot the duel illuminated one I found that it didn't do well looking out into a well lit area from a darker one. I also found it just wasn't as bright as I wanted it at times.

I think the sight is excellent, I just wonder how long ANY of the reflex sights will last when slide mounted.

I had 2 J/ Pro Points on my open pistols slide mounted from 1997 -2009 and sent one back to tasco for repairs ( Loose lens) the first year. Since 2009 the pistols have had delta points on them and I have sent one back for repair (intermittent shut off due to a fault in the motion sensor) however that was after 6 years of use on an open gun. I have seen RTS2's go back 3 times in one year on fellow shooters guns and they are not even slide mounted.