Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat Trigger for Shotgun

Wormie

On behalf of everyone with a machine shop everywhere in the world, I hate you LOL! These are the kind of projects that put gray hairs on machinist's heads. Huge liability, can't charge enough money to actually be worth doing, but for a buddy, I always end up saying yes. And then working 'til 11:30pm on Friday to make up the hours I wasted on the one-off. GRRRRRR!!!!! :eatdrink:

Real simple, get another trigger, a torch and bend it. Or, get another trigger, cut it off, cut dovetail on it, make straight adjustable trigger.

Far cheaper than Tom spending hours of time designing, programming, and machining a $300.00 trigger and selling it for $30.00.

I don't remember you stopping by the shop, Dan, but it sounds like you have been here. The problem with being a perfectionist is that if it CAN be made perfect, it MUST be made perfect. :) That is why I shall never be rich.

Tom, we've not met yet, so, I've not been into your shop. I've been doing R&D / Experimental machining for over 40+ years. Did some gun plumbing part time / full time for part of that time. I know that the first part can cost a million dollars, and the millionth part will be $.50!

In the custom work, it's a labor of love. Not to mention the challenge of coming up with something that probably only 1 or 2 people will want. At least till their buddies see it.

Artists that are starving have nothing on custom gunsmiths! :roflol:

Before...any of you Cats go down this road...go pick up your shotgun and see you want more trigger reach!

But hell, make them Tom...I bet the newbies will buy the hell out of them. <<<That was said tongue in cheek as I am the first guy to TRY (mostly in vain)

to get guys to NOT by gadgets.

Buy new trigger, cut trigger part off, drill and tap hole for straight threaded rod, install rod with a drop of red loc-tite. Now you have a straight trigger. Beware these are hardened parts and may not be as easy as above, but you get the idea!

Pat, it is a loosing battle! All you got to do is a bit of surfing to see all sorts of "pro,s" posting on how to set up the perfect any gun with all the latest cool stuff to know we lost that war around 2010.

Buy new trigger, cut trigger part off, drill and tap hole for straight threaded rod, install rod with a drop of red loc-tite. Now you have a straight trigger. Beware these are hardened parts and may not be as easy as above, but you get the idea!

Pat, it is a loosing battle! All you got to do is a bit of surfing to see all sorts of "pro,s" posting on how to set up the perfect any gun with all the latest cool stuff to know we lost that war around 2010.

I hate to say it Kurt, but I am starting to loose interest in trying to help. It is all about the gadgets.

I hate to say it Kurt, but I am starting to loose interest in trying to help. It is all about the gadgets.

Don't give up the fight Pat. Some of the best advice has come from you. That's exactly why I spend more on ammo than gadgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't give up the fight Pat. Some of the best advice has come from you. That's exactly why I spend more on ammo than gadgets.

I couldn't agree more with this. I still consider myself a new shooter and we need more good info that's easy to find. Some of us want the advice that counts and wading through the game changer posts gets old.

@ Pat and Kurt, notice the OP wasn't asking about the benefits of flat triggers or whether it was a "GAME CHANGER!" or not. He just likes them and wanted to know if they where available. If people didn't occasionally do pointless things just because they can the custom gun industry wouldn't be where it is today.

Hey Tony, I answered the O.P.'s question with no judgment. That is the quick way to a flat trigger, and they turn out good. I have done a few on AR triggers. The second part of my post was commiserating with Pat and had nothing to do with whether the O.P.'s question had merit or not. I am all for frivolous things when it comes to firearms and doing things just because....why do you think I came up with the barrel gauge for Benellis, or my quick closer tab, or installing a 10-22 flip up sight. Hell I once made a Sheriffs model single action out of a full sized Ruger .44 mag for a guy, just because it is COOOOLLL!!!!