Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 Stablization

Over the holidays one of my goals has been to stabilize my 1050. This began with adding another layer of plywood to the top, more screws into the wall... All the normal stuff. This did help but not as much as expected.

I got my best results from adding a brace to the case feeder. Instead of following the pack and bracing to the wall, we angled this down to the table. The press doesn't move at all now. The brace is set at about a 60 degree angle from the top of the case feeder square tube down to the table. We used aluminum square tube with a U bolt at the top and a fabbed angle bracket at the bottom that is screwed into the table.

post-37179-0-21139500-1451401469_thumb.j

People seldom stop to think about it, but the case feeder (on the 650 too) is like a big pry bar on the side of the press, and the more cases it has in it, the more pressure it can exert. That was one of the reasons I shortened the stand tubing on my 650.

Edited by Tom S.

• 2 months later...

Great idea, but honestly haven't had many issues with the case feeder, especially since adding my Inline Fabrication 4 inch riser ultramount. It removed any flex off the benchtop by increasing the foot print. I'm planning a new larger bench for this summer though and will definitely plan ahead for bracing both casefeeders.

11201199_773687499417781_585282323201318

Great idea, but honestly haven't had many issues with the case feeder, especially since adding my Inline Fabrication 4 inch riser ultramount. It removed any flex off the benchtop by increasing the foot print. I'm planning a new larger bench for this summer though and will definitely plan ahead for bracing both casefeeders.

Great looking setup up with the In-Line Ultra Mount.

I made a steel plate 12x12x1 out of some scrap that I bolted to the bench and then bolted the 1050 to. Is now rock solid. The leverage on that small base against a wood bench is very difficult to get completely stable

How far from the edge of the bench is the inline fabrication mount? Also, notice the 1050 is forward of it, how far from the edge is the 1050?