Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More Trigger Finger, Really?

BCGlocker

Somewhere in here the guy talks about his trigger finger position, and he curls it into the first joint. And he's supposedly one of the most accurate pistol shooters in history. But he does mention it is because of the double action trigger.

"Great big what beaters?"

I don't get it. What does that mean? I went to 30 sec and nothing. At 30 min I did notivmce the guy speaking has bannana hands.

It has something to do with Rosie Palm (if you get the drift) His term is military slang, common with in the combat arms community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8JX2hZR_6g

Your thoughts?

It goes to shooter solution... What works for him, doesn't necessarily mean it will for you or me; However, McNamara has earned enough of my respect to listen to what he has to say and possibly try give it a try, under the right conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've used this with great success training police recruits. If someone is grouping on the target directly opposite of their dominant hand, having them add a little more finger on the trigger almost always cures it. If there isn't enough finger on the trigger they tend to induce lateral force on the pistol while pulling the the trigger rearward.

• 3 months later...

Stoeger teaches that more finger in the trigger can gives more leverage. We teach our recruits at our academy, we carry Glocks, that have issues with trigger control to put in more finger. I am almost to the first knuckle on my glock.