Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

getting a loader

I think the 650 has the most reliable primer feeding system out of all the Dillon's. If you see a complaint it is generally that they ALWAYS feed primers. The addition of the swage on the 1050 and positive depth setting can eliminate many "issues" though.

If you get a 1050 keep extra primer tube tips on hand and swap them out at the first sign of problems.

Edited by jmorris

ya i hava a lot of buddies i shoot with that load and all offered a helping hand. i got a chance to play on a couple and test em out.

the only thing is they are biased to their machines and in here no one will get mad if i dont buy the machine they recommend.

again appreciate all the help and advice :cheers:

I am sure you know this but reading your first post kind of leaves it in question but the 9mm is a tapered round, the base is not the same diameter as the 38 super & sc. You have to have different dies & different shell plate. Just have a different toolhead for each caliber & the appropriate shell plate & locator buttons. Changeover is simple. Not sure though with a bullet feeder........?

Enjoy your new hobby but take it slow & easy at first.

MLM

Edited by mlmiller1

Went ahead and got the 650. Love it so far. Got it from a local guy that's getting out of loading.

I just finished setting it up yesterday and started to load today. Cant wait for the inline fabrication kit.... Loaded 20 rounds at two diff weights to see reliability and they went great. Tomorrow getting a chrono from a friend and gonna play some more. Thanks everyone for all the help. Now I get to play with diff powders.

• 3 months later...

I am sure you know this but reading your first post kind of leaves it in question but the 9mm is a tapered round, the base is not the same diameter as the 38 super & sc. You have to have different dies & different shell plate. Just have a different toolhead for each caliber & the appropriate shell plate & locator buttons. Changeover is simple. Not sure though with a bullet feeder........?

MLM

Do you know if the Dillon .38 Super dies work for making .38 Super Comp???

MLM

Do you know if the Dillon .38 Super dies work for making .38 Super Comp???

Yes they do.