Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Mississippi Classic

Well I know of a couple shooters and volunteers who will not make it in there STATE MATCH.

If you wanted to shoot it bad enough then you would have found a way, that's all there is to it. No matter how registration would be done, the range can only accommodate X amount of shooters. This topic will get beat to death again this year in this thread about the way registration was done or not done, right or wrong, yada yada yada. Bottom line is that it is what it is now
Your right!!! If I WANTED to shoot it I would have got a DO boy to bring it for me. [emoji6][emoji6]

So you're on here asking for tracking numbers after basically saying your not even shooting or even put in an app? If you WANTED to shoot sounds like you didn't nor even applied? But hey, keep on stirring the pot to keep us entertained;-)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know of a couple shooters and volunteers who will not make it in there STATE MATCH.

If you wanted to shoot it bad enough then you would have found a way, that's all there is to it. No matter how registration would be done, the range can only accommodate X amount of shooters. This topic will get beat to death again this year in this thread about the way registration was done or not done, right or wrong, yada yada yada. Bottom line is that it is what it is now
Your right!!! If I WANTED to shoot it I would have got a DO boy to bring it for me. [emoji6][emoji6]

So you're on here asking for tracking numbers after basically saying your not even shooting or even put in an app? If you WANTED to shoot sounds like you didn't nor even applied? But hey, keep on stirring the pot to keep us entertained;-)

I'm not asking for a tracking number. I'm just stating it is easy to see when it was mailed out. He should be able to see if there was an app leak out. I have shot the classic for many of years in a row before you have even thought about coming in to this sport and choose not to even attempt it this year because of some of the things I heard others going through to try and get in.

I'm not asking for a tracking number. I'm just stating it is easy to see when it was mailed out. He should be able to see if there was an app leak out. I have shot the classic for many of years in a row before you have even thought about coming in to this sport and choose not to even attempt it this year because of some of the things I heard others going through to try and get in.

And??? What dog do you have in this if you're not even participating other than to stir the pot and passively imply their maybe was an "app leak"??? But hey stay anonymous behind the Internet keyboard if you like but being you aren't going to shoot because you have to get your app in quickly evidently means you didn't wanna shoot it that bad. Carry on stirring things up on here though!!!!

How is it I'm hiding behind a keyboard. Click on my profile I have nothing to hide. If you can't figure out how to do that I will make it easy BRYANT WILLETT. And you was laughing at me on how to do the quote. Lol

And??? What dog do you have in this if you're not even participating other than to stir the pot and passively imply their maybe was an "app leak"??? But hey stay anonymous behind the Internet keyboard if you like but being you aren't going to shoot because you have to get your app in quickly evidently means you didn't wanna shoot it that bad. Carry on stirring things up on here though!!!!
How is it I'm hiding behind a keyboard. Click on my profile I have nothing to hide. If you can't figure out how to do that I will make it easy BRYANT WILLETT. And you was laughing at me on how to do the quote. Lol

Hey Bryant.

I guess I'm "a DO Boy" whatever that means but did what had to do to get in match. I still think their isn't any leaking of the apps conspiracy and not about any favoritism or anything like that. This match has gotten so popular that it takes an extra effort if you want to shoot whether right wrong or indifferent. I'll be the first to apologize about the "hiding behind the keyboard" as from my phone it showed anonymous. But we are beating dead horse now cuz registration has passed.

Hey I choose not to send in an app this year because I felt it has got to popular and took the fun out of the match. It now don't feel like a State Match it feels like a crawfish boil without sausage. I feel some one person shouldn't be able to drive to a mailbox and drop of x number of apps or living 30 mins away dropping off your app. This process definetly isn't the fairest to out of town people. This process would change if JACKSON guys had to drive to a house on the coast to get in to their STATE MATCH. It's fair game on how to get in the match I agree with you there just don't agree in the process. That's why I'm on the sidelines this year. As for the leak I'm just reading on here like you.

For the love of god learn to quote! LOL

You guys are killing me! I hate you

all of you production and limited shooters hate each other.

Love you, mean it!

Edited by Lee G

But yeah like Gump said its over and done now.

For next year, I know y'all don't like to ask help from the little old clubs on the coast and y'all got everything all figured out but if ya'll want we could help show y'all how to do online registration maybe for next year.

We been doing it at our little old coast club for 3-4 years. It's real easy to learn how to use. It would alleviate a lot of these registration issues, and keep folks from sweating having to do ridiculous shit to get in. If that's something y'all interested in solving at least.

I can't address all FedEx delivered entries but the FedEx letter with mine was delivered at 09:41 Friday morning. Here's how it worked:

1. Wait for the form to get posted Thursday at 8:00 PM CST.

2. Fill out the entry form and print it at 8:05 PM.

3. Drive to the local FedEx office and send entry at 8::36 PM.

No Magic, No conspiracies, No cheating, just having a plan and executing it.

But yeah like Gump said its over and done now.

For next year, I know y'all don't like to ask help from the little old clubs on the coast and y'all got everything all figured out but if ya'll want we could help show y'all how to do online registration maybe for next year.

We been doing it at our little old coast club for 3-4 years. It's real easy to learn how to use. It would alleviate a lot of these registration issues, and keep folks from sweating having to do ridiculous shit to get in. If that's something y'all interested in solving at least.

Neat

If he doesn't start posting some names and evidence I'm going to give up and go to bed.

Go to bed lol. The team magnolia member that told me the apps went out early (and to who) developed amnesia. I'm not hanging him or a sponsor out to dry. I'll own it. I thought it was on good authority and it was offuly fishy when "a bunch" of fedex letters showed up on magic timelines. The story since changed to one that we know is legit, so meh. Nothing to see here. I trusted the source, and combined with seeing the "bunch" of fedex letters I posted it here, not realizing it was such a big deal or people were overly sensitive about it, got people's panties in a twist, and the thread started rolling. Meh, my bad. I'll own it. Y'all will get over it.

Do I dislike the registration process? Sure. I think it's terrible, and "oh gosh darn every other way people complain so just keep it terrible derp" is an excuse for complacency.

But I dislike a lot of shit and I'm not going to do anything about it. It's ya'lls crawfish party run it how you want. I offered to help with online registration if y'all open to accepting the help. If not don't.

As for true colors, print the thread out and put it on a shirt. I'll wear it. My stance don't change on the basis of my chances or whether or not I get in.

Some of y'all same sumbitches was in a tizzy over LA gator process, and it's like your stance on things is directly proportional to your chances of getting in. Way to look out for everybody else. My opinion is the same whether I live next door or six counties over from steve roberts, and a lot of folks running their mouths can't say the same.

Just my two cents, keep the change.

And lastly, please understand I ain't armchair QBing from the coast here. I'm a big believer if you want something done you get you hands dirty and help get it done. People that bitch just to bitch are bitches. That's not my style.

I ain't gonna bitch about something unless I got a solution and am willing to effect it. Over the past two or three years I've offered sponsorship, club money, prize table stuff to the ms classic and it seems to go by and large ignored or rebuffed. The attitude always seems to be y'all don't want nothing to do with us, and the feeling on a lot of shooters minds down here is reinforced when they see this jackdick registration process weighted against them.

It just miffs me that we reach out like that to help the state match as a fellow state club, and in exchange we get rebuffed and stuck with a registration process heavily weighted against the bread and butter shooters of our club, and state.

Hell, we got guys who competed for state championships last year and missed by less than a percent who are so discouraged by the way ya'll do things they don't even try to shoot the match anymore. Just my opinion, but a guy that helps run a club match in his state and busts his ass to make matches happen every month, as well as being a legit competitor for state title, should not have to worry getting in his own match. Neither should the C class guy who shoots three club matches a month in the state, it just happens that none of them are in Jackson.

But like I said, it's y'all crawfish party, run it how you want. I offer a suggestion, and I'm stepping to the plate to volunteer to make it happen. I ain't like some of y'all sumbitches who come shoot our match and give suggestions but when handed a hammer or timer disappear like a ghost never to be seen again.

With this latest item, I've offered to help y'all get up to speed with online registration. I'm telling y'all it's really easy. Hell it so easy King Kong could do it.

If ya'll want to keep it like it is, though, I'll happily volunteer to handle apps next year, take a little load off y'all guys. Rotate every other year give the guys on this end of the state something to be smug about in these threads for once like the local Jackson shooters. Of course that might be the quickest way to get y'all wanting to do online registration instead. Maybe that might motivate some change.

Later.

I wouldn't know. Haven't been able to shoot one since 2010. The stupid army keeps making me work. I didn't sign up for that shit. It's not fair I tell you. All out defending the country and what not and I can't get into the state match because they always do it the same weekend in May when I'm really busy. What the hell am I paying team magnolia dues for? I could have a legitimate chance at a state title, but can't participate because nobody will listen to me and move the match to December when I'm not in the road. I mean really? And I keep offering to move the date on the club calendar. I'm really good at excel and can cut and paste the shit out of those dates. I'm not some chump that doesn't offer solutions while looking down my nose at an entire group of people you know.

But no, I keep getting blown off with excuses like, "it's cold in December" or "the BOD won't approve that" or my favorite, "who the F are you again, do I know you?" So I'm all like screw it, I'm not even gonna mail an app in like I do every year and get in like I do every year and then have to withdraw because I'm going to Fort Hood for a month or some other BS and what not. It's obviously a scam to make me feel bad about myself.

Edited by Lee G

I got a solution for everyone.

The MS classic is trying to be two things, and it's not doing one of them well. It's a crawfish party and a state championship. It's like Bruce Jenner trying to pick out which dress to wear.

I'll step up with a solution. This area can support the demand of two matches. Let's break it up into two, keep the MS Classic as is in Byram every may as a big crawfish party. Open registration first come first serve no holdback for MS residents.

I'll run a new major, the state championship, at my place. MS residents guaranteed first shot at entry. No frills, just a competition shooting match. We'll crown legitimate state champions, it'll be won on the field, not in the registration process.

I'll lean on the expertise up in Jackson for running the match, and we could even see about doing it in December so Lee can pitch in.

Shooters in the region win with another major match.

Out of state crawfish partygoers win with better chance to get in MS classic.

State shooters win with guaranteed entry to their state match.

Im all about solutions.

Let's make it happen.

Ok, I think Lee put the quote demon on me because I can't get it to work at all now. I told myself I wouldn't reply again because it continually adds fuel to the fire and simply seems not to matter at all when I try to explain anything.

But I would like to investigate why I didn't accept sponsorship or help from you. Please hit me up via email or call me if you'd like. I don't recall ever getting a sponsorship offer that we didn't accept.... with one exception. We had someone that wanted to be a "Premier" sponsor, "Title Sponsor" or whatever you want to call it. I turned it down because I just don't like the idea for various reasons. And as far as not accepting an offer for help, I have told some folks over the years that we didn't need anymore. Simple because we usually fill up RO slots and such extremely fast. I try to have that list done even before registration opens (but I usually don't quite get it complete). If I snubbed you or anyone else, it was certainly unintentional and not because I 'don't want anything to do with someone'. As far as our JackDick registration goes.... your JackDick app got here just fine. So why would any of your people be complaining? If they did what you did this year.... their JackDick app would be here too. So I don't really see an issue. I like that new word and will be using it all day. Has a nice ring to it, actually quite comical sounding. :goof:

Again, I hate we can't get everyone in. As far as people getting folks here to print the apps and hand deliver.... thinking outside the box, adapt, overcome, conquer. Just glancing and guessing at the mix of envelopes and number of apps inside, there are approximately 80 MS folks that will be in the match at this point. We have 169 slots for Sat/Sun shooters. So that works out to be over 47%. So you can bet it'll end up well over 50% And when I had the Section Coordinator check stats on other matches last year.... that was WAY over norm.

And with that being said....I think I may know what was actually said by that magnolia member. I don't know why I didn't realize it before, but I'm not trying to hide anything, contrary to what some folks believe. Chalk it up to me being old, busy with a life, settling into a new job, hunting season, gunsmithing, cerakoting, etc etc But this year, as discussed with the Board of Directors for Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club last year, we made the offer to Range Members who held a valid USPSA number to reserve them a slot in appreciation for all the Range does for us. We have never truly given anything tangible back to the membership that pays dues for the Range. We tie up the range for 5 days, the Range not only doesn't charge us a dime, but supports us totally and is VERY generous. Without their support as it stands, it wouldn't happen at all. They recognize how important matches like this are for the shooting community and are dedicated to supporting the shooting sports. It's the number 1 statement under Our Purpose in the ByLaws. Literally... it's the first one. Now for the numbers on that so everyone doesn't freak out. I believe I currently have 22. Out of those I personally recognized all but 4 as members that I see every month helping setup and tear down, attend work nights, volunteer their time at the State Match. I could go on and on. The others I didn't recognize are probably there and I just haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet, or just don't remember (see above reasons for my forgetting things). The local presidents of the shooting teams at Magnolia have been discussing what we can do to give back and have yet to come up with anything we feel would even begin to repay their generosity, but we will figure something out! This seemed like the least we could do. Again.... sorry it didn't hit me earlier. But I don't apologize for doing it. Those that know me and the others at this club know I'm not trying to hide anything and we all try to be fair. Those that don't.... I really don't care anymore at this point.

As far as electronic registration, we already do that on local matches. The guy that pretty much setup and pioneered implementing PractiScore here (Oz) probably knows more about it than most. But just as there is nothing to keep someone from having someone bring 10 entries to my mailbox, there is nothing to keep someone from sitting at their PC and entering as many registrations as they want.

I did get a creative suggestion on how to fix all of this....

Welcome to the 2017 MS Swinging Bridge Crawfish Eatin' Non-Section-Not-the-State-Match Blair Batson Childrens Hospital Charity Invitational. :devil:

I can't and won't speak for Steve and the way he runs the Classic other than saying he does a fine job.

What I will say is that I ran for twelve years prior to Steve taking over so I have some experience with the match and opinions based on that experience.

The Mississippi Classic is NOT the Mississippi State/Sectional Championship. It has been the State/Section Championship for years now only because no other club in the state offers to host one. There are probably a number of reasons for that (it requires a large range, lots of props, tons of man hours, and are basically just a major pain in the ace) but if no one else is willing or able to put one on, don't get pissy because someone else does. If you or your club wants to host the Mississippi State/Section Championship and run it your own way, just let the Section Coordinator know. While I can't speak for everyone (like some of you seem comfortable doing), my guess would be that the guys at Magnolia would not even contest it. The MS Classic would still be a great match no matter what the state/sectional designation and most people probably wouldn't care. They'd be excited to have two big matches in MS that year instead of one.

Some of you obviously feel entitled to shoot "your" state championship and think people from other states should not get in ahead of you. I get that to some extent, and I hope you do get in, but I would not want to limit the MS Classic to MS competitors. I can't speak to what has or hasn't been offered as far as support goes for the last couple years, but during the twelve years I ran the MS Classic and the two or three years I worked it before taking over, there were only two times when a MS Club offered to provide a stage, props, and workers for the match (edited to add that we have had volunteers come from other MS clubs to RO over the years and we really appreciate them so I'm not trying to discount their efforts). They were welcomed and accepted. We DID get support EVERY year from shooters from TN and LA. Without them, we would have really struggled to grow the match to where it is now. I have a long and proud history of working the Gator Classic and my main motivation for doing it was to return the favor for the guys that helped us so much every year.

Speaking of the Gator, it's a fantastic match and one I love participating in. I did not work it this year for the first time in at least six years because of their change in registration, but that is NOT a criticism. Every year that I've attended their match, I've been amazed by the number of clubs that contribute to that match. It truly is a Louisiana Section produced match with every club in the section contributing props, RO's, resources, etc. It complicates tear down a bit as certain props have to be loaded on certain trailers so they can make it back to their home club but that illustrates my point. Because the Gator is a Louisiana match, put on by the clubs in the LA section, I think it's right that they give those members the first crack at getting in. Unfortunately, it cuts me out but I'm ok with that. I personally would not want to cut other states out of the MS Classic because those shooters are the ones who have made the match what it is. Other MD's may feel differently but that's my opinion.

Finally, MOSHER, please understand that what it takes to be a "Team Magnolia Member" is a twenty dollar bill and a pulse. Actually, the pulse part isn't set in stone. It's open to anyone who shoots at Magnolia and is willing to pay a little extra up front so we can order props and consumables at the beginning of the year and they get discounted match fees going forward. It does NOT mean they are now privy to all the inside secrets of the match or that they are contractually obligated to not feed you a line of BS just to seem important. I don't blame you for not understanding that and believing there might be a scandal. Actually, I just saw the updated post where you're offering to try to host your own state match next year so that's perfect. I wish you all the best. I won't actually volunteer to come work it if you're running it because you've shown yourself here to be a little too immature to earn my respect and thus my time and effort, but I'll certainly endorse your application to host it. Good luck to you.

John Heiter

Edited by John Heiter

Hey I choose not to send in an app this year because I felt it has got to popular and took the fun out of the match. It now don't feel like a State Match it feels like a crawfish boil without sausage. I feel some one person shouldn't be able to drive to a mailbox and drop of x number of apps or living 30 mins away dropping off your app. This process definetly isn't the fairest to out of town people. This process would change if JACKSON guys had to drive to a house on the coast to get in to their STATE MATCH. It's fair game on how to get in the match I agree with you there just don't agree in the process. That's why I'm on the sidelines this year. As for the leak I'm just reading on here like you.

What a load of crap. We have sausage.

But I would like to investigate why I didn't accept sponsorship or help from you. Please hit me up via email or call me if you'd like.

I been trying the contact privately via email thing for 3 years. Brick wall.

I get called out on this thread, so I conduct any and all business openly in this thread.

I'm all for open communication, visibility, and accountability. Not back room deals and back channel convos.

I don't recall ever getting a sponsorship offer that we didn't accept.... with one exception. We had someone that wanted to be a "Premier" sponsor, "Title Sponsor" or whatever you want to call it. I turned it down because I just don't like the idea for various reasons. And as far as not accepting an offer for help, I have told some folks over the years that we didn't need anymore. Simple because we usually fill up RO slots and such extremely fast. I try to have that list done even before registration opens (but I usually don't quite get it complete). If I snubbed you or anyone else, it was certainly unintentional and not because I 'don't want anything to do with someone'.

About 3-4 years ago I offered for BPSA to sponsor a stage and asked how that worked. You said y'all was set on sponsors filled up. Next go round I asked about doing a stage sponsor or something, throw $500 at y'all, put up a BPSA banner, and get 2 slots ($280 value) that we could award at BPSA using some sort of points series or random draw. Thought that would be nice, get some of our guys in who usually don't have a chance. You said you'd send me a sponsor letter never got it. I followed up you gave some sob story about being busy with a wedding or some shit. Excuses are for losers and coffee is for closers. I figured maybe I lowballed it and the $220 net wasn't worth your time. The next year I offered a bigger net said we might could swing 1k get 4 slots that's a $440 net. I never heard back.

$440 would've bought a lot of sausage.

Some point in all that around 2-3 years back I sent you and SC a note saying I was exploring a big match can I get a copy of ya'll budget for the classic so I can wrap my head around what I'm getting into. You pretty much said no.

Just this past December I sent you a message about swapping MS State Steel slots for MS classic slots of equal value to put on each other's prize tables. I thought that would be a cool thing to do for shooters in our state, and it's a zero sum cost proposition for both of us. I never heard back.

All this is probably coming as a surprise to many reading, both at your club and mine, because I don't put people on blast or run tell the Internet every time I sonething don't go my way.

I get called out on this thread and people talking shit so let's roll it all out and talk about all our business openly.

#TrueColors

I know a lot of your do boys up there were upset how the state steel match was run down here and cried like titty babies on the Internet about it, but haven't offered to lift a finger to improve it.

I wasn't affiliated with it, just shot it, saw some things I'd like to improve, so instead of bitching on the Internet I rolled up my sleeves and been doing something about it.

As far as our JackDick registration goes.... your JackDick app got here just fine. So why would any of your people be complaining?

Because integrity is what you do when nobody else is watching.

Or in this case what you do whether or not it benefits me personally.

If you roll this thread back I didn't have a problem I might apps went out early, just stated it matter of factly. I got called out and people started talking shit. So I answered, and answered, and here we are.

Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.

I like that new word and will be using it all day. Has a nice ring to it, actually quite comical sounding. :goof:

It was supposed to be BrokeDick. Stupid auto-correct.

And with that being said....I think I may know what was actually said by that magnolia member. I don't know why I didn't realize it before, but I'm not trying to hide anything, contrary to what some folks believe. Chalk it up to me being old, busy with a life, settling into a new job, hunting season, gunsmithing, cerakoting, etc etc But this year, as discussed with the Board of Directors for Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club last year, we made the offer to Range Members who held a valid USPSA number to reserve them a slot in appreciation for all the Range does for us. We have never truly given anything tangible back to the membership that pays dues for the Range. We tie up the range for 5 days, the Range not only doesn't charge us a dime, but supports us totally and is VERY generous. Without their support as it stands, it wouldn't happen at all. They recognize how important matches like this are for the shooting community and are dedicated to supporting the shooting sports. It's the number 1 statement under Our Purpose in the ByLaws. Literally... it's the first one. Now for the numbers on that so everyone doesn't freak out. I believe I currently have 22. Out of those I personally recognized all but 4 as members that I see every month helping setup and tear down, attend work nights, volunteer their time at the State Match. I could go on and on. The others I didn't recognize are probably there and I just haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet, or just don't remember (see above reasons for my forgetting things). The local presidents of the shooting teams at Magnolia have been discussing what we can do to give back and have yet to come up with anything we feel would even begin to repay their generosity, but we will figure something out! This seemed like the least we could do. Again.... sorry it didn't hit me earlier. But I don't apologize for doing it. Those that know me and the others at this club know I'm not trying to hide anything and we all try to be fair. Those that don't.... I really don't care anymore at this point.

Thanks for owning up to it. Like I said, I never had a problem with it, just stated matter of fact it happened, and your do boys lost their shit and called me on the carpet for it.

Here I am.

As far as electronic registration, we already do that on local matches.

And yet you purposely chose not to do this and opted for jackdick registration that heavily favored certain folks. It keeps getting better.

But just as there is nothing to keep someone from having someone bring 10 entries to my mailbox, there is nothing to keep someone from sitting at their PC and entering as many registrations as they want.

It levels the playing field on the driving distance, and equality of opportunity.

It keeps $2-4K in the shooting community instead of at the post office or fed ex. It cuts down tremendously on the workload. It lets Gump get a good nights sleep and not drive a pile of apps all night. It creates a traceable, verifiable record of who got in when that is open and accountable. No swapping around envelopes or putting this guy in or that guy on the Waitlist without anyone knowing.

I said all this last year, the year before, and the year before that.

I also got in all those years.

I did get a creative suggestion on how to fix all of this....

Welcome to the 2017 MS Swinging Bridge Crawfish Eatin' Non-Section-Not-the-State-Match Blair Batson Childrens Hospital Charity Invitational. :devil:

I like my suggestion better. Let me know what you think. Edited by mosher

What a load of crap. We have sausage.

We didn't have sausage last year Mr Hatchet.

Wow.... a lot got posted while I was in and out comprising that email response of mine. ha

I've spoken to several folks, including the current Team Magnolia President. I just got off the phone with Bryant (MS Section Coordinator) as well.

The 2017 Official MS State Match is all yours.

Team Magnolia will continue to host the usual MS Classic up here at Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club. We have discussed pursuing turning it into a charity match for our local childrens hospital or perhaps another cause. Not sure if I will even be the MD, as I had planned on this being my last year, the 20th anniversary of The MS Classic. I'm honored and humbled to have been the MD for The Classic for the last 5 years. I don't think I can hang as long John did. I may decide to stick around, iron details out and make a new "play book" if we go the Charity Match way. Who knows....