Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Punks With a Gun Who Attempt to Rob You

davidwiz

So at 3:50 this Friday afternoon, 3 punks with a gun tried to rob me in broad daylight outside of my house in a well-traveled residential neighborhood in Philly. I played dumb and ignored him as he continually asked for what was in my pockets, interspersed with him asking "do you understand english" when I didn't answer. When a car drove by, I attempted to flag it down (it didn't stop) but that caused the punks took off. I chased after them but lost sight of them.

The other sad part of this story is that my neighbor had seen these kids about 20-25 minutes before across the street holding a gun and called 911. The PPD didn't show up until about 10 minutes *after* my 911 call (for you folks keeping score at home that's a 30-35 minute response time). My neighbor (who also happens to be the block captain) said that he spoke with the PPD precinct captain who promised more patrols (I'll believe it when I see it).

Yeah, chasing them was not the best tactic. Unfortunately, when you need the police, they are just a few minutes, at least, away and that rarely does you any good. This is the best reason for folks to carry. However, one must still be smart when presented with a situation like this, as the goal is to go home safe! I'm glad you got the better end of the deal this time, and hope even more there won't be a next time. Merry Christmas!!