Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LAW Folding stock

Swanny10

I know this is wishful thinking but has anyone seen the LAW folding stock adapter on sale anywhere as part of a Christmas sale or some such thing? I really am trying to validate purchasing one but the price makes it difficult. They seem to only be found at a certain price point (if they can be found at all).

I don't get it. Turn your rifle into a single shot if you fire it folded. At least with a tiny mp5 style stock you can shoot it short.

Keep in mind I'm looking for a cool solution to shorten my SBR, so I'm pro the idea of it. Just not sure how to make it work

Got one on a piston operated 10.5". Yes. it will fire the one round in the chamber with the stock folded. No, you can not manipulate the charging handle while the stock is folded because the bolt carrier is locked in place by the rear "carrier blocker".

Cool factor - Totally!

Functionality - Yes for the purpose of making the AR package shorter during transport mode.

Reliability - The gun's 100% reliable with the stock locked in normal position.

Worth the 240 coins? No, not to me anyway ;).

Edited by PacMan

The folding stock is considerably shorter than the collapsible PDW stocks. You can't shoot it folded but it's much smaller for carry and transport. Unfold and you have a full stock option. The PDW ones are only a couple inches shorter than an M4 stock. For the price I'm not really sure you gain a lot with them. Rather go folded. I have one of the LAWs on a .300 BO and it's the perfect size. I also have a Cross Machine PDW stock that's nice as well. But again, it's not really all that much shorter.