Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BT DOH or DOH "Black ICE"

Chutist

If you are like me, you will hate the regular DOH setup. You can make it a lot better by adding a Ben Stoeger BOSS hanger. It fixes everything that is wrong the the BT DOH section and adds a lot more adjustability.

If you are like me, you will hate the regular DOH setup. You can make it a lot better by adding a Ben Stoeger BOSS hanger. It fixes everything that is wrong the the BT DOH section and adds a lot more adjustability.

Hello: The Safariland USPSA Kit is a better setup if you can make the adapter for the Blade Tech. If not use a Safariland holster and it will be a bolt on. It adjusts in any direction. Thanks, Eric

I bought their "race" holster with the open front. I don't think I even put it on my belt. There was absolutely no retention on my Edge.

I felt as though the gun would just fall out. I think that's why the picture of it is canted to the rear so much. It's basically just a cradle.

I know that's not what you asked though. I was giving an opinion of an open front Blade Tech.

I went with the regular DOH. The Boss unit will probably be in my future.

I saw the Safariland "Kit" but it was MORE THAN THE HOLSTER! ;) I'll play with this one a bit and see how it goes...

Who makes the Boss hanger? I'll take a look :D

Edited by Chutist

I think the Boss hanger with a bladetech shell is the best setup for Production. I was using a bladetech with DOH and I wasn't able to get my thumb in position until I was out of the holster. The Boss really allows me to get a solid grip right away.

I didn't notice much difference between the Blade Tech ICE DOH I ran with my shadow and the regular Blade Tech OWB that I've run with other guns in the past. Looks different, but I didn't feel like it was faster, looser, less retention, etc.. The Stoeger Boss hanger is a game changer. I now run that with a Blade Tech shell for my pre B and will eventually pick up another hanger for my SS gun. Sweet product.

Hello: The Safariland USPSA Kit is $61 shipped. The Boss hanger is $50 plus shipping. Winner for me is the Safariland. Invictus make a nice hanger for the Blade Tech also and is the cheapest of them all. Thanks, Eric

$61 - Where? When I've seen it, it was $86:

https://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?id=SFR-USPSA-KIT&n=Safariland-USPSA-Holster-Kit

After spending the day on the range with the DOH - I understand why it's the "DOH" - that's the sound you make when you slam you thumb into the mount on every draw... I like the holster itself but that mount has to go.... ;)

Edited by Chutist

Thanks for the find Eric. I was just looking for a another setup since my limited gun just went down. Going to use a pistol I won at the High Desert Classic in production until I can get a 2011. Maybe I can convince Steve and Heidi to give me a good deal on one that you sold them. LOL

-Mike

Hello: Optics planet sells the Safariland USPSA Kit on E-bay for $61.99 shipped. I just ordered another one for my Single Stack setup. Should be here next week. Thanks, Eric

Thanks Eric, I didn't even look on Fleebay - I didn't think any "Gun Stuff" was allowed. ;)

Does that kit bolt right up to the BT holster? Just wondering if I'd need any other adaptors...

Hello: You will have to make the adapters. I made one for my limited gun and will make one for my single stack as soon as the kit gets here. I like the support pad on these and the one on my other holster. I am using a 1/8" think plate of aluminum for the adapters. Easy project if you are a little handy. Thanks, Eric

Hello: You will have to make the adapters. I made one for my limited gun and will make one for my single stack as soon as the kit gets here. I like the support pad on these and the one on my other holster. I am using a 1/8" think plate of aluminum for the adapters. Easy project if you are a little handy. Thanks, Eric

Understood, I'm having trouble finding time to reload and shoot... don't really want to add "project". Might just go with the BOSS since it bolts up.

OR just get a Safariland Holster like I probably should have from the start. ;)