Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help on Stock 2 trigger improvement

taco2000

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent measured the two but some say the tanfo spring is softer than the CGW one.

I had the same experience, swapped to the CGW light trigger return spring, and the average pull weight went up an ounce or two...

One other thing I have heard was that the factory CZ sear springs are lighter than the stock Tanfo part. I got a CZ part to test, but haven't had the chance to do yet.

Does the CGW reduced TRS makes any difference in pull weight ?

I believe it does, both of mine run a CGW TRS.

One has roughtly 2k live rounds and probably 8k dry fire double action pulls without any problems.

The other has roughly 500rds through it and seems to be working with no issues. If you do not keep your gun lubbed and let it get really dry then maybe the TRS may not reset your trigger all the way. Just keep it lubbed and it works great.

i havent measured the two but some say the tanfo spring is softer than the CGW one.

I found no appreciable difference. So I thermally relieved a trs and took nearly a pound off the trigger! Yea!

Except....

The sear spring was able to hold the trigger from returning. So about every 2nd or 3rd round the trigger needed to be manually pushed forward. Whoops :(. Factory spring back in. Reliability near 100.000% is more important (to me) than the ultimate light trigger.

Do you have a fitted T3 Disco in it? I put a cz sear spring in my stock 2.

I found no appreciable difference. So I thermally relieved a trs and took nearly a pound off the trigger! Yea!

Except....

The sear spring was able to hold the trigger from returning. So about every 2nd or 3rd round the trigger needed to be manually pushed forward. Whoops :(. Factory spring back in. Reliability near 100.000% is more important (to me) than the ultimate light trigger.

I do not, just the EG xtreme disco, factory supplied.

Except....

Did you find the cz sear spring improved the trigger pull? Sa or da? Weight?

I Didn't measure the SA before I changed out the spring. I just read about it somewhere and did it when I first got the gun. The CZ spring is for sure lighter because I could tell a difference when I was pushing on the sear.

I had been using the LRA 'light' sear spring, and just had a chance to test out the CZ sear spring last night. Trigger pull weight was nearly the same with both. That said it was certainly lighter than the factory Tanfo offered sear spring. The CZ sear spring is probably a lot easier to get your hands on that the LRA 'light' spring too!

I use a CGW CZ firing pin spring as the plunger spring. The Henning ones are heavier than necessary for reliability and the pens springs are the opposite.

Hey, I am still trying to chase down the last half lb of my sa trigger pull, got it down to a 3.0lb. I found last night that the take up (first stage) trigger weight seems to be where my extra half lb is coming from. I'm wondering if the plunger spring is my issue. Maybe I'll try this CGW one.

Just to confirm, is this the one you are talking about?

https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp-fps-reduced-power-firing-pin-spring/

I use a CGW CZ firing pin spring as the plunger spring. The Henning ones are heavier than necessary for reliability and the pens springs are the opposite.

Hey, I am still trying to chase down the last half lb of my sa trigger pull, got it down to a 3.0lb. I found last night that the take up (first stage) trigger weight seems to be where my extra half lb is coming from. I'm wondering if the plunger spring is my issue. Maybe I'll try this CGW one.

Just to confirm, is this the one you are talking about?

https://cajungunworks.com/product/rp-fps-reduced-power-firing-pin-spring/

Use a trigger pull gauge once you pull the sear cage to get a base weight.

Time to deploy the clicky pen spring.

The Henning spring set are all way heavier than the clicky pen spring I use. On the other hand you might get a better reset not using the clicky pen spring - I need to go back and test this.

Anyone with thoughts/experience here?

I tried clicky springs, found a "stiff" one, but even that gave a mushy indistinct reset. Finally settled on the factory spring wuth 2 coils cut. The minor reduction in weight wasn't worth the loss of reset.

• 2 weeks later...

https://cajungunwork...ing-pin-spring/

WHY AREN'T PEOPLE MAKING A BIGGER DEAL OUT OF THIS PLUNGER SPRING?!?!? Put it in a few nights ago, and it dropped my DA pull almost 5 oz and that is coming from a very heavily cut factory plunger spring! (Only 8.5 coils left and both ends removed to allow as many active coils as possible) My DA is now 5lb 5.5oz. I'm pretty darn happy with that, and the trigger pull pressure feels much more linear. SA is down to 2.5 lb and I think I may be pretty much done messing with the trigger pull on my Stock II. Exiting, but kind of sad...

Edited by EngineerEli

WHY AREN'T PEOPLE MAKING A BIGGER DEAL OUT OF THIS PLUNGER SPRING?!?!? Put it in a few nights ago, and it dropped my DA pull almost 5 oz and that is coming from a very heavily cut factory plunger spring! (Only 8.5 coils left and both ends removed to allow as many active coils as possible) My DA is now 5lb 5.5oz. I'm pretty darn happy with that, and the trigger pull pressure feels much more linear. SA is down to 2.5 lb and I think I may be pretty much done messing with the trigger pull on my Stock II. Exiting, but kind of sad...

I'm going to pick one up after that endorsement. Is your reset still crisp?

Reset is crisp enough... I really don't notice a huge click in my SVI on reset with a 2 lb trigger, but it has never been a problem as long as the reset is short enough.

Personally I like messing with my triggers. Will it make a difference on the clock? I think the sights move less on my initial DA shot, and it also lightens the first stage of the trigger in SA, which I prefer the feel of. Feels more like my 2011s, so yea I think it could.

BTW: If anyone is still using the stock sear spring, get a CZ sear spring when you order the plunger spring from CGW. It is effectively the same thing as the light one LRA sells. I ordered the two parts in two different shipments, and had to pay shipping twice :angry2:

Reset is crisp enough. BTW: If anyone is still using the stock sear spring, get a CZ sear spring when you order the plunger spring from CGW. It is effectively the same thing as the light one LRA sells. I ordered the two parts in two different shipments, and had to pay shipping twice :angry2:

Thanks for the tip!

Reset is crisp enough... I really don't notice a huge click in my SVI on reset with a 2 lb trigger, but it has never been a problem as long as the reset is short enough.

Personally I like messing with my triggers. Will it make a difference on the clock? I think the sights move less on my initial DA shot, and it also lightens the first stage of the trigger in SA, which I prefer the feel of. Feels more like my 2011s, so yea I think it could.

BTW: If anyone is still using the stock sear spring, get a CZ sear spring when you order the plunger spring from CGW. It is effectively the same thing as the light one LRA sells. I ordered the two parts in two different shipments, and had to pay shipping twice :angry2:

Oh, also, consider if you want the solid CGW trigger pin, when you place your order. The one they sell for the canik works in our Tanfos.

I'm going to pick one up after that endorsement. Is your reset still crisp?

I just went from clicky pen springs to Henning springs chasing a better reset. Trigger is plenty light enough.

Yeah I use the henning plunger springs. My gold team trigger is sub 2lb but with a pen spring mushy as hell. In fact even the henning spring that comes in his trigger lit was too light for my taste. I bought a bunch to play with and went up 2 steps. Still lighter than factory but gives a nice positive reset. Trigger is stil just under 2lb...