Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouch for xdm mags

thejez

One of my production rigs is an XDm and I run the Safariland 773 mag pouches. They are awesome! They are fairly inexpensive, they don't take up a lot of real estate (which can be at a minimum in production), they have good mag retention while allowing them to slide out real easy on reloads. They are also low profile so you can get a great grip on the mag. The only issue I had was the retention screws would start to back out after about 10 matches, which was easily fixed with a little blue thread locker. Hope this helps ??

They are also low profile so you can get a great grip on the mag.

This is an important plus for me and one of the reasons I want new pouches. The ones I have now are hard to get a good deep grip and I end up trying to reload while holding the mag by my fingertips.

As much as I like the Safariland pouches, if you can afford it go with the CR Speed. They are more adaptable if you decide to switch platforms down the road. I bought my first CZ Shadow this year and the 773's wouldn't tighten down enough on the mags. With all the inserts that come with the CR's, you can run any mag you can think of. Even single stack. I've never used them, but I know a lot of guys who run Double Alpha and like them a lot as well.

I use the very simple but effective Ready Tactical pouches for Production. They are cheap, slick and almost infinitely adaptable to any mag since they are just formed kydex. Just heat them up and insert a different mag and viola! They don't tilt, can't etc but then again they don't have screws, nuts to keep track of either. I use DAA Race Master pouches in Open and they are absolutely one of the best out there but are extreme overkill for a simple Production rig.

You can get the ready tacticals from Chris at CPWSA.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I run the Ghosts mag pouchs because they can adapt to almost any mag out there. Also i run them bullets facing out...and you can't beat the price

Same here. Love them. They do take up a little room. Well, not really. If you run them standard, they fit flush together. At bullets out config, they take the same exact space, just gaps between the mags. Love them.

• 6 months later...

There is a seller on ebay that sells bullets out mag pouches that are 3D printed. I picked up a 4 set of them a couple months ago and am very happy with them. They daisy chain together and are adjustable for retention.

remember the sellers details?