Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How flat IS "flat" shooting

selecw

Is there a trend as far as bullet weight/powder go for guns with comps vs. Comps and holes? Or is it just too varied to say?

Really wanting to work up some major loads. My back yard is a shooting range but its dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home at the moment.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to ace hardware, they have LED puck lights w velcro backings. I have to shoot under an overhang outdoors. I put one on each cross bar. They work well and are less then the ones they sell as " for chrono"e212f35348bfc05d31132676858a95d7.jpg

They light up a safe nicely too.

I am working on making a truly "Flat" shooting Open gun setup right now. Its close, but not quite there right now. I think it is possible to produce a near zero dot displacement Open Major setup. But it takes a crap ton of objective observation while shooting, troubleshooting and retesting. Not many people are willing to put in that much effort to find a truly "Balanced" setup.

I am finding that more often than not shooters tend to jump on one bandwagon or another and simply roll with however it ends up shooting. That isn't a bad thing as finding a setup that works reliably is good. But working "good" and fine tuning to make it work "Perfectly" are two totally different things.

We have had team guns that were so flat the dot merely wiggled side to side a bit. It was very hard to shoot with any speed. Shay opened the comp up a bit to allow some vertical rise and times in on the clock testing improved.

Maybe I am chasing a dead end. Either way it will be a fun voyage.

Sometimes that is half the fun. Worst gun I ever shot, the comp was so good the muzzle actually dipped. The dot would actually go out of the top of the glass. It was impossible to shoot that gun with any speed at all.

I am working on making a truly "Flat" shooting Open gun setup right now. Its close, but not quite there right now. I think it is possible to produce a near zero dot displacement Open Major setup. But it takes a crap ton of objective observation while shooting, troubleshooting and retesting. Not many people are willing to put in that much effort to find a truly "Balanced" setup.

I am finding that more often than not shooters tend to jump on one bandwagon or another and simply roll with however it ends up shooting. That isn't a bad thing as finding a setup that works reliably is good. But working "good" and fine tuning to make it work "Perfectly" are two totally different things.

We have had team guns that were so flat the dot merely wiggled side to side a bit. It was very hard to shoot with any speed. Shay opened the comp up a bit to allow some vertical rise and times in on the clock testing improved.

Maybe I am chasing a dead end. Either way it will be a fun voyage.

Sometimes that is half the fun. Worst gun I ever shot, the comp was so good the muzzle actually dipped. The dot would actually go out of the top of the glass. It was impossible to shoot that gun with any speed at all.

Maybe you meant the dot go out of the BOTTOM of the glass?

With that being said, unless you get a great deal on a GT, you come out way ahead customizing a Limited. I'm really enjoying my latest one :)

_20151107_092416_zps0uvx3wkv.jpg

Great looking gun,yes ,your the guru, what affordable red dot do u recommend, curious like your optics setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The CMore Side Ride is the only way to go if you want my opinion, they're ~$220 new. Big glass, durable, and mounted horizontally the glass is right on top of the slide.

Thanks John exactly what I needed to know,try to put it on Gold Team 9, TY

The CMore Side Ride is the only way to go if you want my opinion, they're ~$220 new. Big glass, durable, and mounted horizontally the glass is right on top of the slide.

Check the double alpha site they had a cosmetic blemished 90 degree tanfo c-more mount for like 35-40 last I checked.

Check the double alpha site they had a cosmetic blemished 90 degree tanfo c-more mount for like 35-40 last I checked.
Nice,I'm on it, I'll check it out.