Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix trinity Vs SVI infinity signature SS grips.

Noah my boy

I need some fresh commets on the subject. The grip will be going on my Cameron's limited .40.

1st and foremost is the svi worth the extra cash?

Is there a noticeable difference between the two grips?

Any and all commets welcome?signature

I have one of the Signature SVI grips and I think the shape/feel/ergonomics are fantastic on it. The curvature of the back of it is reminiscent of a Tanfoglio/CZ which are also very ergonomic guns. The price may be a bit higher but I would say it is worth it. The only other thing to consider though, is that the SVI grips require SVI MSH's, magwells, mag releases/buttons and trigger bars. I dont find any of that to be a negative because all of the SVI parts are great.

I have both PT and SVI signature. I agree the ergonomics of the signature grip work better for me also. Consider also that the signature grips come with msh, mag release, trigger bow, and magwell so price difference is negligible. All you really need to add is appropriate grip safety.

I have both PT and SVI signature. I agree the ergonomics of the signature grip work better for me also. Consider also that the signature grips come with msh, mag release, trigger bow, and magwell so price difference is negligible. All you really need to add is appropriate grip safety.

What's the appropriate grip safety?

Unless your having an SVI built, go with PT.

Would like your reasoning behind this..

Sure. I have two PT grips (alum and SS). STI and older SVI mags work without mods. Standard 2011 parts work also.

Edited by lcs

I just looked at the Infinity website. The grips sold without a gun have numerous conditions. Like..

"If you are using another manufacturers frame we must know at the time of order"

I know my PT grips moved from frame to frame without any gunsmith mods.

I've ordered 2 SV Signature grips direct, let them know it was going on an STI frame & they both fit perfectly.

My experience as well. SVI does the steel grip very well. I have not handled any other - every one I've seen has been a SVI.

Additionally, every magazine I've tried works with the SVI grip on my STI gun.

I just installed a SV signature grip on my Edge. The grip required extensive fitting, but is worth it IMO. I also had to take some material off the rear of the sear legs because the trigger bow in the SV grip was positioned further back and I had no pretravel plus the hammer would fall at half cock. I'd buy one again if I ever do another build because the feel of the gun is remarkably better now.

I also have tested a multitude of magazines in this grip and they all work perfectly.

As recommended by SV,tell them what brand frame the grip is going on and they'll manufacture the grip accordingly.

Edited by CalTeacher