Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how long is to long a barrel for limited

noexcuses

I have a G35 and am looking at adding the TF barrel shroud sight block. That would give me a barrel length of 6.61 inches. I am running a SJC heavy brass magwell and SJC frame weight also on this. I really like this setup and looking at a aftermarket barrel for shooting coated bullets so thought why not get the sight block while doing this. I do not like shooting coated bullets through my stock barrel, the lead build up drives me nuts lol. So would this combo be to long or would it be good to go?

Yes USPSA, I did not see anything in the rule book about barrel length limits in Limited class. Please point it out where it tells about barrel length limits in limited class.

Edited by noexcuses

Yes USPSA, I did not see anything in the rule book about barrel length limits in Limited class. Please point it out where it tells about barrel length limits in limited class.

I believe he is more implying that there is NO maximum barrel length for limited. But I would think (personal opinion) that a 35 with the sight block would maybe be a little slow, because that is just so much sight radius it could possibly be distracting.

There are no barrel length limits in USPSA Open or Limited. If you wanted, you could conceivably use a 16" barrel, but drawing and moving around the stage may be a bit difficult. (it would probably be accurate as hell though) :surprise:

Pat, Are you implying that you think this concept would infringe on a USPSA Limited Division rule?

I'm not implying anything. Your subject line asked "how long is too long for Limited?" I just suggested that you read the rule book for your answer.

Since there is no limit on barrel length in Limited, I believe the answer lies in how well you can shoot a longer barreled gun. There is always give and take, so what you gain in accuracy you loose in target transition and sight acquisition. I would shoot a 3" barrel over a 6" barrel if my scores were better with it.

I believe he is asking for opinions on the practicality aspect.

It depends. Big guys can typically transition a longer/heavier gun much better than average-small stature competitors.

Hit the range and test transitions to see where you start to slow down.

I believe he is asking for opinions on the practicality aspect.

It depends. Big guys can typically transition a longer/heavier gun much better than average-small stature competitors.

Hit the range and test transitions to see where you start to slow down.

Yes was wondering about the practicality of it, I know that people like the g24 and this would be just a .61" longer. Was wonting some ideas before I drop $150 on this.

There are no barrel length limits in USPSA Open or Limited. If you wanted, you could conceivably use a 16" barrel, but drawing and moving around the stage may be a bit difficult. (it would probably be accurate as hell though) :surprise:

16" would be a little long lol, barrel would be hitting me in the knees.