Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TG and 124's and 135's

bayougump

Anyone using Titegroup under 124's or 135's, specifically Bayous? I had thought I used 135's at a point out my Stock II but I was mistaken and I've only ever ran 147's.

I'm wanting to try a lighter bullet as I feel the 147's seem kinda sluggish for a lack of a better word now. They are soft but I think maybe the 124 or 135 might be a better choice with such a heavy gun. If you have used them how much powder are you using? I still need to chrono to make sure but I'm guessing that this will be close:

124's at 1.125 OAL with 3.6-3.8 grains TG

135's at 1.125 OAL with 3.4-3.6 grains TG

I'm making 133 PF out of my Stock II right now shooting 147's at 1.110 OAL with 3.1 grains of Titegroup

I just picked up some 135g Bayou's. With 3.2g TG they barely make minor (not surprising). 3.4 should give you enough of a margin...

OAL is 1.13.

How do those feel? My load is 4.0-4.1 gr of WST with a coated 125. I like it and it gives a nice feel and brings the sights back quick. That said I have been toying with the idea of trying 135's.

• 6 months later...

I switched from 147's to 124's for my Stock II's recently Gump, and really like them. I'm running Montana Golds and using N320 so my data won't really help you, but I think you're going to like the 124's for exactly the reason you're wanting to switch. Cycles fast and drops in the notch consistently.

Load_data.jpg

10 shot strings, 45 degree outside temperature. 3.2 and 3.3 grains both got 129 pf. Going to confirm the velocities at 70 degrees tomorrow.

3.4 grains got 132 power factor, but I don't have the velocities on hand. Didn't see any signs of over pressure.

This is out of my Shadow and Accu-Shadow. I used to run a OAL of 1.150 at 3.4 grains for 130pf, but had to reduce my OAL to 1.115 to allow my CZ P-07 to run. I had reamed the chambers of both my Shadows to fit longer OAL, but the P-07 barrel was too hard for my reamer.

Edited by zen_grasshopper