Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" stock 2

bpipe95

This could be old news....

My dealer called me today after he got off the phone with EAA, and they told him about a gun that will be shipping in the next few weeks "stock II extreme match" basically a 6" stock II.

I am not sure how accurate this info is, but wanted to share.

Oh, it is just a limited with a 6" slide. Its just the extreme version of the Hunter. It is SAO.

Also, the 6 inch is a straight barrel, the 5" Limited and Stock II Xtremes are the ones with the cone barrels.

http://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/witness-match-xtreme-tanfoglio/

X-Gold-Match-Left.png

This is what you are talking about right?

Edited by EngineerEli

I would not mind it for limited if it has bull barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think da/sa version of the limited would be the jam.

Interested in why ppl want a 6" double action pistol, EAA has the Hunter which is a great gun tho ugly, yes i own a 10mm luv and hope to comp it and slide mill , maybe shorten frame a tad, what say u, ty

I would not mind it for limited if it has bull barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think da/sa version of the limited would be the jam.

Interested in why ppl want a 6" double action pistol, EAA has the Hunter which is a great gun tho ugly, yes i own a 10mm luv and hope to comp it and slide mill , maybe shorten frame a tad, what say u, ty

You do know that its easy to convert da/sa into sa only? I think 6" bull barrel limited gun would be great ;)

In cany case IF its an Aussie version its only 4.75" barrel, NOT a 6"

Edited by e-mishka

Oh, it is just a limited with a 6" slide. Its just the extreme version of the Hunter. It is SAO.

Also, the 6 inch is a straight barrel, the 5" Limited and Stock II Xtremes are the ones with the cone barrels.

http://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/witness-match-xtreme-tanfoglio/

X-Gold-Match-Left.png

This is what you are talking about right?

Wonder what price point it would sale for, didn't see a MSRP on EAA website? Tho no one sells guns at full MSRP I hope not

Oak hill guns has these listed but not in stock. Price is $1700 I think.

Thanks, there very nice looking, compared to hunter, tho pre drilled for sights a bonus, Wish Tanfos had a better after market parts base like CZ does, any thoughts

Well Henning and Graufel sells parts for them,the thing is that they don't sell slides, barrels or frames which you have to get from EAA. Still all the stuff you need to build a competitive pistol in USPSA can be had,there just isn't as much support as say a CZ or STI here in the states.

Well Henning and Graufel sells parts for them,the thing is that they don't sell slides, barrels or frames which you have to get from EAA. Still all the stuff you need to build a competitive pistol in USPSA can be had,there just isn't as much support as say a CZ or STI here in the states.

Thanks for info didn't know about Graulfel, do you know besides EAA who makes barrels for Tanfos , EAA,

I own 3 so I'm vested in EAA, been leaning towards cz , excep I do luv large frame tanfos and feel you get more for the money on very nice finished pistols, Thanks MrPostman

• 2 weeks later...

If it indeed is a 6" Stock II (= bull barrel) then it is indeed a whole new product. Felt recoil should be amazing, combining the best from both Stock II/Limited and Gold Match. Wicked base for an Open gun.

The 6" pictured above is a Gold Match, they have been around for years (at least in Europe) in both plain and xtreme versions. They DO NOT have a bull barrel, just a conventional cylindrical barrel.

The Stock II AU pictured above is 5", NOT 6", and has also been around for years. It is the Australian version of Stock II with slightly longer barrel, slide and frame. Also availible in Europe.

On 1911's bull barrels are generally straight barrels, but they are a heavier profile than a normal barrel and fit to the slide directly, instead of using a barrel bushing. So, I've heard many people refer to any thicker than normal barrel as a bull barrel.