Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kneeling Atlas inspired Ghetto Blaster. Intro

dogtired

I gotta say, I love his posts. So I started collecting a few items to put together Atlas Inspired Repeater (AIR).

The Donor, a EAA witness in 40 with ports, yuck. Almost free though.

FCADA624-61D9-435A-B2A4-06B3D0545630_zps

I shopped the classifieds and found a SJC major comp which should be decent in appearance, a 9mm barrel (fits perfect, just need to run a few rounds thru it), a little gunsmithing like a threaded barrel extension (the pictured one is off the net).

eaa%20project_zpstz1wtvd9.jpg

Of course I am working on a slide racker, finding a CZ flat SA trigger and of course mags. The barrel is the unicorn but I should be able to have this one finished on the cheap. The EAA product is $330 retail and still requires threading, that does not qualify as Ghetto.

The SJC 11 port comp should offer some ability to "fit" and time the comp with all that extra meat there. Forgive the dirt.

IMG_4454_zpsfc65ock9.jpg

Overall it will be passable in appearance.

IMG_4451_zps2sseo3k1.jpg

The dot mount will probably be a Cheely 90 degree C-more mount for the CZ unless anyone pipes in with alternatives.

At worst it can become a suppressor host if it sucks!

• 3 weeks later...

Next progression, the barrel is back from having a barrel extension added. I screwed the comp on as far as it would go but I need to open up the hole a little. I should be able to time the comp fairly easily by creating a shoulder in there to snug it up to and lose that gap. I could probably shoot it as is to see what the comp does but I will wait. Henning guide rod installed and slide racker needs a little fitting.

I have the bug as I bought the next donor TZ75 at an auction...

072DED70-4252-4C36-B0EF-FCEFD243616C_zps

Either try the CZ 25 round mag or use a CZ custom long extension on a SP01 mag.

Long extension on an SP01 tube gets 25 with a Grams spring/follower.

Good to know. Same grams parts for small and large frame mags?