Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA belt - Wilderness, CR Speed EDC, or DAA inner belt?

LeviSS

I've been using a Wilderness 5-stitch for a while. I'm looking for a new belt. I'm also planning on shooting USPSA starting next spring.

I could:

1) get another Wilderness. I like the belt. It's pretty stiff and like how you can get it tight and then cinch it down just a little more to keep your gear where you want it. The heavy metal buckle can kinda be a pain.

2) Try the CR Speed EDC. It looks like it might be pretty good. I like the no buckle. I'm concerned about being able to really cinch it up tight. I've never handled one.

3) Since I plan to shoot USPSA anyway, I could go ahead and get a Double Alpha belt and just use the inner belt for IDPA.

What do you guys think?

Edited by LeviSS

What's wrong with your current Wilderness belt? I also have one of their 5 stitch belts, use it for CCW, it's about 10 years old and still going strong. It's much stiffer than the inner belt of my CR Speed belts.

I wouldn't bother buying a new belt just for IDPA since once you try USPSA you won't go back :)

LOL! You could always use that new belt money for a gym membership or new running shoes :P:devil:

I would just get a CR Speed or DAA belt and start shooting USPSA now, why wait until the spring? I didn't know what that CR Speed EDC belt was, just looked it up; appears to be only good for IDPA so I wouldn't get that. You could also get another Wilderness belt if you'll also use it with your CCW for daily carry since it's a great belt. I believe you can send back in your existing buckle and they'll use it to make a new belt and it costs less than a whole new belt.

Edited by Russell92

What's wrong with your current Wilderness belt? I also have one of their 5 stitch belts, use it for CCW, it's about 10 years old and still going strong. It's much stiffer than the inner belt of my CR Speed belts.

I wouldn't bother buying a new belt just for IDPA since once you try USPSA you won't go back :)

Yup, Wilderness Tactical for the last 15 years, everyday carry and competition.

I use the newly offered Shooters Connection two part belt. Significantly cheaper than DAA or CRSpeed. I bought two and use the outer (threaded through belt loops) for IDPA and the whole assembly for USPSA. That way I can leave the setups in place.

Check it out. These seem to be just as good as the well known belts.

• 1 month later...

I have all three. I wear the Wilderness daily. For competition (3 gun and steel challenge), I use the other two. Very little difference between the Double Alpha and the CRR. Keep the comp rigs set up on the outer belt, wear the inner belt. Easy to put on or take off between stages, a nice option to have, especially in 3 gun w/ so much sh*t crammed on the belt.

I've got the CR Speed EDC belt. While I don't use it for EDC, it's good for any match use. Of course you have to slide things on and off and intermingle with the belt loops, but it's significantly thicker than using the CR Speed inner belt for IDPA. Not sure what the DAA belts are like. At one point I had multiple setups for IDPA, USPSA and 3-Gun. This got kinda silly in the amount of money I had in gear. I've since narrowed it down to one belt and all the same gear I can mix and match depending on the match I'm going to. SO the CR Speed EDC works for everything. And since I'm not running multiple holsters and mag pouches for different matches I would still have to be sliding stuff on and off belts.

If you get the EDC belt or even a standard double belt USPSA setup, I highly recommend the Arredondo Belt Keeper to keep your belt from getting caught on something. It's actually more important for the double USPSA style belt. I watch a top GM during the Area 2 3-Gun Championships almost completely dump his entire belt rig when he caught the end of the belt on a prop. Pistol stayed in the holster but ended up at his ankle.

http://cpwsa.com/collections/belts/products/arredondo-belt-keeper