Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jager G34 Gen 4 Guide Rod/Spring Length Help

SWHlctx

If someone using a Jager steel recoil spring guide rod in a Glock 34 Gen 4 could give me a measurement of the length of their guide rod and spring (assembled) I would appreciate it.

I've got a Jager steel guide rod and an ISMI 13# spring I'm trying to put in my G34 Gen 4, but can't get the damn thing to depress enough to allow me to put the barrel/spring/guide rod back together in the slide. The guide rod Jager sent me seems to be a little too long. The Jager rod (assembled) is 3.35" and the stock guide rod assembly is 3.23".

I have Jager guide rods in my G17 Gen 4 and G19 Gen 4. The Jager is just about the same length as the stock recoil spring assembly for both pistols. I didn't have any problem getting them together and back in the gun.

I bought a second one so I could swap out assemblies If needed and had the same issue with it. The angle necessary to compress the spring enough seems to be too steep. Eventually it will slide into place but it's not fast. I never though about checking length on the two.

The purchase time between the two guide rods was about 10 months

Edited by Nathanb

I don't think it's a length issue, I think the adapter ring is binding on the rod at even a slight angle making it very difficult to install. I recently had this happen on a gun I tuned up for a friend. I used a drill bit and a grinding stone to chamfer the back of the adapter, now it works fine.

Yes sir you are correct. I have seen a few with the holes way too small too. I had one a guide rod would not go through at all. Opening them all up a little seems to make the gun run better with a little bevel and polish on the back side. Sure makes the guide rod easier to get back on.

• 3 weeks later...

I had talked to Jager on this, The G34/35 rod is slightly longer than the 17/22 rod. My 34 works perfect with a rod for the 17. I dont believe this is always the case, and some 34/35s will need the slightly longer rod.

The key is pushing with your one thumb against the back of the guide rod in a straight direction toward the muzzle, while gently keeping the guide rod/spring assembly perpendicular to the barrel. Clicks right into place. Muscling it only results in frustration.

post-952-0-82392900-1444748660_thumb.jpe