Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

UPDATED: IMA-SMM3G 3-Gun Rules

The much-anticipated update to IMA-SMM3G RULES is now complete and available for download. As in previous years, significant rule changes are highlighted with red text. For those members here that struggle with reading, the good news is that we were able to streamline the rules document to such an extent that we actually reduced the number of pages. :devil:

For the first time in many years there are major changes to some of the equipment division rules, so we have also created a companion DIVISION CHANGE PRIMER document to explain the changes in plain English. We hope our patrons like what we have done, and find the new opportunities for innovation to be interesting and challenging. Those who may have been following my previous threads on the provisional division changes will still want to read the new rules carefully, as there are some subtle but important changes in the final version.

The new rules will be used with immediate effect for all Rio Salado 3-Gun matches, and will be in force at SMM3G 2016.

Any questions? Post 'em here or contact me directly by IM.

By the way, the new Stealth Division has been a big hit in our monthly matches, with participation now on a par with Limited and Open. Based on our experience so far, we expect to see a lot of defectors from Open and Tactical... Stealth is relatively accessible to participants from both divisions.

Shotgun: Only a tube magazine is allowed, and the magazine tube must be no longer than 23.5”measured from the
front of the receiver (in the photo below, the tube length is measured to be ~21.5”). Otherwise, use/do whatever you
want, including starting the stage with as many rounds as you can fit in the gun (short shells, ghostload etc.).
1. From Richard's 'Division Change Primer' I don't believe the XRail/XRail Compact qualify as a tube magazine - although I could be wrong.
2. Otherwise....starting the stage with as many rounds as you can fit....
I'm sure he'll be here soon to clarify.

Under posted rules for stealth shotgun I have two:

1) There is no rule about how many a stealth shotgun can start with, can a Xrail:compact be fully loaded at start.

2) Is Ghost loading allowed

Shotgun: Only a tube magazine is allowed, and the magazine tube must be no longer than 23.5”measured from the
front of the receiver (in the photo below, the tube length is measured to be ~21.5”). Otherwise, use/do whatever you
want, including starting the stage with as many rounds as you can fit in the gun (short shells, ghostload etc.).
1. From Richard's 'Division Change Primer' I don't believe the XRail/XRail Compact qualify as a tube magazine - although I could be wrong.
2. Otherwise....starting the stage with as many rounds as you can fit....
I'm sure he'll be here soon to clarify.

Indeed:

1) X-Rail is no bueno in Stealth. The rules for Stealth, Tactical, Limited and Heavy Metal stipulate “only a tubular magazine is permitted”. This is an intentional wording change from the previous rules version (which read “only tubular magazines are permitted”); we added the “a” and deleted the "s" with the specific goal of prohibiting multi-tube systems like the X-Rail from Stealth, and that is how the RM will interpret the rule. The same wording got carried over to Tactical/Limited/HM, and would prohibit X-Rail in those divisions too (even if downloaded).

2) Yes, ghost loading is perfectly OK in Stealth. Within the given tube length constraint, it should be possible to start the stage loaded with 9+1+1 in the gun (assuming your gun is capable of being ghost loaded).

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Can I ask what the motivation and logic were behind stealth? I'm not criticizing or anything, I'm just curious what were the things that lead to its creation.

There are four pages of discussion in THIS THREAD .

I thought you said you will never shoot a tube fed shotgun again! Are you flip flopping? :)

Welcome to stealth!!

Not Flip Flopping... EVOLVING :devil:

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Can I ask what the motivation and logic were behind stealth? I'm not criticizing or anything, I'm just curious what were the things that lead to its creation.

There are four pages of discussion in THIS THREAD .

Thank you, I didn't see that one for some reason.

Edited by Vlad